C-USA to use flex scheduling | Syracusefan.com

C-USA to use flex scheduling

Interesting. I agree, it's unclear whether it will lead to more berths, but it certainly will help the top teams with Q1/Q2/(or since it's CUSA) Q3 games.

Final RPI's last year were 30,32,74,78... and 150.

Those first 4 teams could give Q1/Q2 wins based on location. I think it could help the conference champion as an at-large.

I have a feeling this is going to get copied and will be more effective in conferences like the AAC, A-10, MwC.

How long until the NCAA rules against this practice since the conference is gaming the system?

Before you say “let the conference decide how to ...”, I’ll point you to the ACC football scheduling ideas that were nuked before they even got rolling.

How long until the NCAA rules against this practice since the conference is gaming the system?

Before you say “let the conference decide how to ...”, I’ll point you to the ACC football scheduling ideas that were nuked before they even got rolling.
It’s nothing like football.
The football rule is you must have 2 divisions to have a conference championship game.

This rule is just Smart all its going to do is have CUSA schedule teams for home or road games TBA during the season so instead of Middle Tennessee playing a road game at a tomato can with a crap RPI play a road game at the best RPI opponent and give them a better chance for a resume win.

This is no different than ESPN’s old bracket buster event where teams would be told they are either road or home teams and then during the season the matchups were announced to maximize the best matchups possIble.

This type of idea is going to be copied by P5 conferences in the future I bet.
It would make sense. Teams would just know they are at home or on the road and then the conference and TV matches the teams up for interest and conference standings.