Cal 50 - Texas 43 | Syracusefan.com

Cal 50 - Texas 43

ND ST is 1AA and probably a legit top 25ish squad regardless of division. They would contend for the B1G West title. Prototypical upper Midwest football squad. Beef cattle like offensive line, fundamentally sound, physical etc. They would grind us up like cheap hamburger.

so much for Texas. Them shooting all the way to #11 was such a joke.

Louisville up to #3

Oklahoma and Ole Miss both 1-2 and still ranked. joke.

North Dakota State - also receiving votes. Thought they were 1AA ?

2016 NCAA College Football Polls and Rankings for Week 4 - ESPN
Seemed like voters were chomping at the bit to get Texas up there. Wisconsin jumping from unranked to 9 was a little quick too. My goodness put 'em in the bottom half and see what else they do before anointing them. Somehow Tennessee is climbing back up too. I suppose it was that dominant performance against Ohio.

so much for Texas. Them shooting all the way to #11 was such a joke.

Louisville up to #3

Oklahoma and Ole Miss both 1-2 and still ranked. joke.

North Dakota State - also receiving votes. Thought they were 1AA ?

2016 NCAA College Football Polls and Rankings for Week 4 - ESPN

I heard they allowed FCS to receive votes after the Appalachian State win over Michigan. Someone (can't recall who) tweeted does this mean I can vote for Kansas on my FCS ballot?

How'd you like to be having Ole Miss' season? Steamrolling Alabama and FSU late in the 2nd quarter. And nothing to show for it.

Louisville @ Clemson setting up to be epic. Gameday will no doubt be on the scene.

I heard they allowed FCS to receive votes after the Appalachian State win over Michigan. Someone (can't recall who) tweeted does this mean I can vote for Kansas on my FCS ballot?

How'd you like to be having Ole Miss' season? Steamrolling Alabama and FSU late in the 2nd quarter. And nothing to show for it.

Louisville @ Clemson setting up to be epic. Gameday will no doubt be on the scene.

I would be very ticked off if I was an Ole Miss fan, had three td leads on both teams, and blew it.

Based on what I have seen so far, Clemson is gonna get pummeled in that game. I don't see Louisville losing a game in the ACC this year setting them up to be in the playoff. They are for real.

Cal beating Texas surprised me because of the score. The Longhorn's O this season is probably very similar to the Cuse O because Sterling Gilbert (the Texas OC) was the OC at Bowling Green in 2014 for coach Babers. The good news is that the Texas O is playing much better already under Gilbert. That makes sense because Texas has had some very strong recruiting classes lately, a lot of kids that Texas recruits played a similar style of offense in high school, and Texas is familiar with that type of offense playing in the Big12 and especially against Baylor.

What is surprising to me is how many points Cal scored against the Texas D. I wonder sometimes if playing the Baylor offense or playing similar systems on offense somehow or someway makes it more difficult to play really good defense. If Texas is able to put together the high octane offense with Sterling Gilbert and also play really good defense which is something Charlie Strong has been able to do in the past, then they could be really good.

It remains to be seen at this point obviously, but I'm also watching to see if there is any impact on the way Texas plays defense for Charlie Strong now that they run the Sterling Gilbert offense which he ran for coach Babers and then developed last season at Tulsa and now is developing at Texas. The Big12 has been prolific on the offensive side of the ball for several years now, but the play on defense in the Big12 is another story. It will be interesting to see if Texas or even TCU or even Baylor can put together a top 10 D to go along with the offense.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sturner5150

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom