Calibration | Syracusefan.com

Calibration

GoSU96

Living Legend
this isn't a I don't see two or three wins on this schedule post, but they need to go 3-2 to get to a bowl. There isn't a lay up in the bunch and four are on the road.

For USF, this is an elimination game. For Missouri and Temple it is likely to be the same. If we beat USF the two after will be conference title playoff games.

I think SU is the most complete team in the conference, but there's history and not a recent winning tradition, things could still go south.

There's a ton on the line every week and it could end up anywhere from BEC Champs to on the outside looking in.

this isn't a I don't see two or three wins on this schedule post, but they need to go 3-2 to get to a bowl. There isn't a lay up in the bunch and four are on the road.

For USF, this is an elimination game. For Missouri and Temple it is likely to be the same. If we beat USF the two after will be conference title playoff games.

I think SU is the most complete team in the conference, but there's history and not a recent winning tradition, things could still go south.

There's a ton on the line every week and it could end up anywhere from BEC Champs to on the outside looking in.
Totally agree and I expect each game will be a dog fight. That said, I have high hopes that we can become bowl eligible. These are character games and I think we're built the right way to tough out three more wins.

they need to go 3-2 to get to a bowl... four are on the road.

I feel much better now than I did preseason, even though record wise we're right where I thought we'd be.

Needing to get wins on the road makes me nervous. I think we have a shot, but we're not in a position where it's easy by any means.

After last weeks game and what this team is doing against the Run this team should beat USF, there 2-5 and reeling after another blown game. I would be dissapointed if we lost again to USF as they have exactly one win the past two season in the BE and it was us.

Cincy I am unsure about, they dont appear to be a great team but they have looked good in stretches but were beat up this past week by Toledo.

I said it Saturday and I will say it again here we dont match up well with Lville and I think thats the game we have the least chance of winning. There far from a perfect team but just seem to have our number.

I know were going with the slogan of there going to be beat up when we play them but to Mizzou on the road is still a game I see us struggling. It doesnt look it because there playing Florida and Bama but that team does have legit speed and will likely be desperate for any sort of a win. If this team can go on the road and beat USF and or Cincy I think we have a shot but this team's struggles on the road are well documented and Mizzou in late November is far from ideal.

Temple should be a W plain and simple.

Maybe we are the most complete team in the BE, but we are also the most inconsistent, hence the 3-4 record. As long as the team takes these one game at a time and puts everything into preparation and game focus, things will take care of themselves. I would not be surprised with 4-8, 5-7, 6-6 or 7-5. I would be surprised if we end up 8-4 or 3-9 though.

I feel much better now than I did preseason, even though record wise we're right where I thought we'd be.

Needing to get wins on the road makes me nervous. I think we have a shot, but we're not in a position where it's easy by any means.
curious what you thought of how syracuse "set the tone" on friday night.

all that running and no passing...

Agreed.

Syracuse's biggest fan right now might be the Pinstripe Bowl. Rutgers is going to one of the top 3 BE bowls, so they are out. UConn is not going bowling period. That leaves a fanless Temple team, a Pitt team that will not travel to NYC and USF. And Syracuse. All of whom might not qualify for a bowl game.

If USF becomes bowl eligible, you have to think they will go somewhere closer to home than NYC.

If the BE cannot provide 4 bowl teams this season, the Pinstripe gets a stray team like Toledo or a directional Michigan type.

Syracuse vs West Virginia in a bowl game would be pretty weird but it would likely be an entertaining game and I think it would bring a big crowd to Yankee Stadium.

2010-2011 ROAD RECORD 5-1 IT STARTS NOW THIS YEAR

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseVegas

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom