Calipari "30 for 30" | Syracusefan.com

Calipari "30 for 30"

W'boro'Cuse315

All American
"One and Not Done" premiers Thursday April 13th at 9pm on ESPN. I respect the guy for using the system to his advantage, but that doesn't mean I have to like him. He built his career by blatantly breaking the rules with zero consequence (save the "can you show me proof?"shpiel) & has always struck me as phony & self-serving.

His quote at the end says it all. I hope UNC runs them off the floor tonight.

"One and Not Done" premiers Thursday April 13th at 9pm on ESPN. I respect the guy for using the system to his advantage, but that doesn't mean I have to like him. He built his career by blatantly breaking the rules with zero consequence (save the "can you show me proof?"shpiel) & has always struck me as phony & self-serving.

Well, UNC hasn't exactly played by all of the academic rules now, have they?

I don't hate him. The NCAA is begging to be played and Cal does it better than anyone. Will sanctions eventually follow? Who knows.. but as of right now, he's built a powerhouse.

I love how energetic he is and how he truly cares about his players. He does everything in his power to get them to the league as that is paramount to the sustainability of his program.

Say what you will but nobody else can replicate it. Duke is the only other team able to challenge Cal's model and even K has struggled with it and has zero clue how to play more than 7 players with AA's all over the bench.

Well, UNC hasn't exactly played by all of the academic rules now, have they?
They certainly haven't. I root against Calipari & for our conference. It's a personal preference. UNC making the final four will also bring their "investigation" back into the national spotlight.

I don't hate him. The NCAA is begging to be played and Cal does it better than anyone. Will sanctions eventually follow? Who knows.. but as of right now, he's built a powerhouse.

I love how energetic he is and how he truly cares about his players. He does everything in his power to get them to the league as that is paramount to the sustainability of his program.

Say what you will but nobody else can replicate it. Duke is the only other team able to challenge Cal's model and even K has struggled with it and has zero clue how to play more than 7 players with AA's all over the bench.
Kentucky is and almost always has been in a league by themselves on what they can do with the assets they have. Even when UCLA was winning titles every year. There was an old tv ad for the magazine basketball times. Joe B hall, then the Kentucky coach said "at Kentucky, basketball is serious business". The truest thing ever said in any tv ad.

Can't argue with results. And the results tell us that Calipari is one of the greatest college basketball coaches of all-time.