Call me crazy, but if Paul Harris was a few inches taller | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Call me crazy, but if Paul Harris was a few inches taller

I envy you people who can recall things like this with such specificity. I typically have only a vague recollection of players, and almost never particular plays. Definitely not dates and years...

I'm getting worse as the months and years pass, unfortunately. That one sticks, though. We didn't have a ton of highlights in 2008, but that was a fun afternoon.

Someone made a good point above that Harris--while he didn't live up to the elite expectations--had a productive career here, despite some frustrating moments.

I've always believed that his best stint came when he got extended play at the 2, when Devo and Andy got injured. He was a mismatch and got to the line a TON. He just happened to be here at a bad time, when other players were better at the 2, forcing him to play the back of the zone as an undersized 3.

Had he played his entire career at 2, who knows. I've heard that JB envisioned him as a 1 when Harris was recruited.

I have always felt that his best position was off guard, even though he didn't have a jump shot. He was able to get to the cup on anyone, and either convert or get fouled. He just abused the smaller guards in the conference. If he had consistently played at the 2, he might have ended up career leader in free throw attempts.

I didn't know JB envisioned him as a PG, but early in his career I thought he might be able to play there, too.

Mid-40's? Damn, did 15 years just fly by without me noticing? Or did Paul Harris just play at SU while being in his mid to late 30's?

Dumb but honest question. Because the year Harris, Devo and Green fled to the NBA is when I started actually watching every SU game.

Yes, Harris was 39 years young when he left SU. That's actually why he decided to forgo his senior season...he wanted to declare before his 40th birthday. Once you hit 40, NBA teams tend to shy away.

Yes, Harris was 39 years young when he left SU. That's actually why he decided to forgo his senior season...he wanted to declare before his 40th birthday. Once you hit 40, NBA teams tend to shy away.

Shad Up.

If he was 6-7 or 6-8? Sure, he'd be in the NBA. He'd probably be a Danny Fortson type, undersized power forward.

But ifs and buts are not, contrary to popular believe, candy and nuts. If my brother was 6-10 instead of 6-6, he'd have played at SU. If I was super athletic and had anything resembling a work ethic, I'd have run point at SU. If my son looked like the milk man, I'd be wondering why how the hell milk men are still in business.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom