Call me crazy but... | Syracusefan.com

Call me crazy but...

bnoro

Lurker
Despite our 6-5 record, I've actually really enjoyed watching this team this season. I really suspended my expectations after the Virginia game and recognized that we're probably a year away. That being said, you can see glimpses of what this team could eventually be, and it's pretty fun to see.

I think we'll win some games we shouldn't this year, we've already lost a bunch we probably shouldn't have as well. But we play hard, and I can't wait to see this team mature as it goes through the season. We could be a late bloomer that makes some late noise, or we could finish at 16-15.

Join my cult, suspend expectations, and just enjoy the ride... Why not?

Despite our 6-5 record, I've actually really enjoyed watching this team this season. I really suspended my expectations after the Virginia game and recognized that we're probably a year away. That being said, you can see glimpses of what this team could eventually be, and it's pretty fun to see.

I think we'll win some games we shouldn't this year, we've already lost a bunch we probably shouldn't have as well. But we play hard, and I can't wait to see this team mature as it goes through the season. We could be a late bloomer that makes some late noise, or we could finish at 16-15.

Competitive if we were in the West Coast Conference? St. Mary's'ish?

J/K...I appreciate the positive spin! I'm not seeing it, but I hope you're right! LGO!!!!!

I feel this way when Edwards is in.

#FREEJESSE

I agree, the team is so much more enjoyable to watch this season - no more sand in the eyes.

Drunk?

I'm with you Crazy Butt!

I dont want to be as mean behind a thin veil as some of these replies seem to be, but there is gold to be had in this post(whether or not I can map it out).

I am not sure if I understand the bolded part, specifically the word "or". I thought being a late bloomer might be what gets us to 16-15 and saves the winning season streak. ;)

Competitive if we were in the West Coast Conference? St. Mary's'ish?

J/K...I appreciate the positive spin! I'm not seeing it, but I hope you're right! LGO!!!!!

st mary's is blitzing teams bad. they can flat out shoot it

Crazy

Yesterday, we assisted on 20 out of 24 made baskets. That is 83%. For the season, we are assisting on over 70% of our made FGs and are in the top 20 in assists per game.

The offense has been completely revamped compared to the ISO-heavy offenses of the last couple of years.

The team is very unselfish offensively. Always willing to make the extra pass.

Offensively, we ARE fun to watch. Much more entertaining than the last couple of years.

And we have 3 guys that can just get unconscious offensively on any given night. I agree with you. We will win some games we shouldn't because we will shoot some really good team right out of the gym.

Unfortunately, unlike the last couple of years where we could rely on our D to get stops, we will have to shoot well to win games. And that means there will also be games we lose that we could/should win because we don't shoot well.

We may have already dug ourselves too big of a hole but, how good this team is at the end of the year will depend on how much better our defense gets...

IT's better than 51-50 losses or wins. Push the pace and fire away - I'd like to see more of a plan to get shots but like the freedom to fire

Feel like being a year away in college football sounds better than in basketball.

syracuse basketball shouldn’t ever be a year away. This is a downward trend.

Not picking on you specifically but this is the entitled thought process I don't understand. It's ok for the football team to pretty much stink for 7ish out of the last 10 years but basketball should not have a down year or years? It doesn't matter that the ACC basketball is traditionally much stronger than ACC football?

This is similar to the last final four argument which I really don't understand. We trudged thru the regular season with ugly basketball (low scoring struggles) but eventually went to the Final Four and people here call the FF a fluke or it doesn't matter because we were mediocre the rest of the season. Post season success >>> regular season success.

The team is young and seems to have some nice 4 year program type players like Girard and Buddy. I think Buddy would be much better served coming off the bench in a 20 min per game role then being forced to play 35 + minutes. He is an excellent shooter but struggles in many other aspects of the game.

I respect people who can find the joy in what appears to be a lost season. I've done that for other teams I follow, and it can be liberating to not really care about Ws and Ls.

I can't get there for this team. Not because the players aren't trying hard (I think they are). And I won't get mad at any player on this team, they're all being asked to do things that are unfair to them. It's that watching the program crater in real time just makes me sad. It didn't need to be this way, this is self inflicted.

We'll get past it, but it's just really depressing at the moment.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SyraFreed

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom