Calling Arb: Is "no news, good news" right now? | Syracusefan.com

Calling Arb: Is "no news, good news" right now?

DoctorBombay

Hall of Fame
Haven't seen any chatter about re-alignment lately.
Even the usual suspects, re: the Re-alignment Jihadists from WVU, have been silent except for "talk" of a possible ACC deal, only if they can agree to a GOR.
And of course, lack of agreement is interpreted as the ACC is "DOOOMED, Doomed I tell ya"!

Any rumblings, good or bad, from your peeps?
And, can we assume that this UMD-lawsuit quiet period, is a sign that things are settling for now?
Also, there is absolutely no mention of any defections or unusual activity by college fans here in Charlotte, on Talk-radio or otherwise.
If/when the topic gets brought up, its usually laughed off- for whatever that's worth.

This information is currently available on the pay side...I would copy and paste for you, but then that would violate the pay side user agreement. You don't want to experience the results of a pay side user agreement enforcement team visit...it's not pretty nor fun!!

The big news was that CSPAN has offered the new BE $3.67 per team along with unlimited refills for up to a year on Big Gulps.

It's a much better deal than Tulane was getting prior, but they still might bolt for the greener pastures of the SunBelt.

The big news was that CSPAN has offered the new BE $3.67 per team along with unlimited refills for up to a year on Big Gulps.

It's a much better deal than Tulane was getting prior, but they still might bolt for the greener pastures of the SunBelt.

I heard it was OWN and were offering $5.45 per team plus 5 free sessions with Dr Phil to deal with being left behind...

Sent from Kindle Fire HD

Even the usual suspects, re: the Re-alignment Jihadists from WVU, have been silent except for "talk" of a possible ACC deal, only if they can agree to a GOR.
And of course, lack of agreement is interpreted as the ACC is "DOOOMED, Doomed I tell ya"!

And, can we assume that this UMD-lawsuit quiet period, is a sign that things are settling for now?
Also, there is absolutely no mention of any defections or unusual activity by college fans here in Charlotte, on Talk-radio or otherwise.
If/when the topic gets brought up, its usually laughed off- for whatever that's worth.

The Georgia Tech Athletic Director is doing a little talking. There isn't much news here that Arb hasn't already shared though. He talked a bit about how there is interest in an ACC Network Channel with ESPN.

http://www.ajc.com/news/sports/college/griffin-addresses-acc-network-possibility/nWLsF/

DoctorBombay, based on pay side stealth and discussing a few things in last bball game forum, where I will continue to mention as a safe guard for spill out...I would say that three things are holding further discussion up:
1. Univ of Maryland suit
2. Big East contract that is sooooooooo low it hurts--0r laughable--to discuss but implications are indeed serious
--does ESPN which still have first option come in and trump NBC...if not, possibly more $$$ for ACC
3. Catholic 7 and what it actually means to not only the new BE but also the ACC...

I would say that the link below should open everyone's eyes to the impact and strength of media...and in this case FOX and its going after the Catholic 7 and its bid for the Catholic 7--they are going to make nearly as much as the new BE...but the story is vetted by source and Frankthetank is right on

http://frankthetank.wordpress.com/2...-the-big-east-and-its-not-the-one-in-bristol/

The implication for ACC is the final contract...both for the new BE (and don't forget they turned down nearly $120 million a year from ESPN to receive less than $25 million a year and what $$$ the Catholic 7 finally get)...but more importantly when they leave. (I will update during Wednesday game). Additionally, Swofford may give an interview this week...look more to tenor of words than to actual points...and think POSITIVE(being as low key as I can get--pass the Jack and Coke)...and damn it, 'Cuse find a 12th game so schedule can be released.

DoctorBombay, based on pay side stealth and discussing a few things in last bball game forum, where I will continue to mention as a safe guard for spill out...I would say that three things are holding further discussion up:
1. Univ of Maryland suit
2. Big East contract that is sooooooooo low it hurts--0r laughable--to discuss but implications are indeed serious
--does ESPN which still have first option come in and trump NBC...if not, possibly more $$$ for ACC
3. Catholic 7 and what it actually means to not only the new BE but also the ACC...

I would say that the link below should open everyone's eyes to the impact and strength of media...and in this case FOX and its going after the Catholic 7 and its bid for the Catholic 7--they are going to make nearly as much as the new BE...but the story is vetted by source and Frankthetank is right on

http://frankthetank.wordpress.com/2...-the-big-east-and-its-not-the-one-in-bristol/

The implication for ACC is the final contract...both for the new BE (and don't forget they turned down nearly $120 million a year from ESPN to receive less than $25 million a year and what $$$ the Catholic 7 finally get)...but more importantly when they leave. (I will update during Wednesday game). Additionally, Swofford may give an interview this week...look more to tenor of words than to actual points...and think POSITIVE(being as low key as I can get--pass the Jack and Coke)...and damn it, 'Cuse find a 12th game so schedule can be released.
nice.

hey arb, the b1g is going to a minimum of 9 games and most likely 10. will the ACC be looking to do the same? personally, im for it. but it does put the likelyhood of 7 H games a year in jeopardy. most likely it would have to be every other year.

1. Univ of Maryland suit

Wow. Given all that Frank the Tank is reporting went down, I could envision a scenario where ESPN offers more money to the ACC if the ACC takes UConn somehow rather than bidding on the Big East Conference as a whole. I think ESPN likes showing UConn games, especially baskeball games. This would leave the Big East or whatever it's called then to NBC sports. The Big East has essentially become what Conference USA was 8 years ago.

If that happened, it would create a scheduling challenge with 15 teams in football rather than 16. But some formula could be worked out I would imagine. We did 11 one year in the ACC before Boston College joined, so they could come up with something.

nice.

hey arb, the b1g is going to a minimum of 9 games and most likely 10. will the ACC be looking to do the same? personally, im for it. but it does put the likelyhood of 7 H games a year in jeopardy. most likely it would have to be every other year.
Not going to happen as long as Notre Dame is considering coming on board...9 conference games too confining...and that 7th home game is big.

Not going to happen as long as Notre Dame is considering coming on board...9 conference games too confining...and that 7th home game is big.
notre dame, as more confs go up in conf games, is going to have a hard time scheduling soon.

notre dame, as more confs go up in conf games, is going to have a hard time scheduling soon.
That's why they have 5 games with the ACC, so when things get hard they have already acclimated the fan base, and they say rather then play Air Force , Army, BYU every year we'll join the ACC.

Clemson, Florida State, and Georgia Tech really pushed against it too because they have an annual game with their instate SEC rival. I imagine Louisville will have the same issue. It was making it very hard for these ACC schools to schedule the 7 home games and have any chance of hosting a quality BSC level OOC opponent from time to time. So the prevailing desire in the ACC is 8 conference games.

The Georgia Tech Athletic Director is doing a little talking. There isn't much news here that Arb hasn't already shared though. He talked a bit about how there is interest in an ACC Network Channel with ESPN.

http://www.ajc.com/news/sports/college/griffin-addresses-acc-network-possibility/nWLsF/
BTstimpy, just sourced and found that the following in this article is incorrect;
2. "Even without a network, the ACC is estimating an additional $3.5 million in annual revenues per school in 2014-15 due to a number of factors – the addition of Notre Dame and Louisville, a renegotiated TV contract, the BCS playoff and a new deal with the Orange Bowl that will pair the league champion against a team from the SEC or Big Ten or Notre Dame."

For us all (source given), the Orange Bowl which will pay to ACC and its competitor upwards of $60,000,000 game.
1. ACC receives approx. $43,000 000 (when Notre Dame is opponent)
2. ACC receives approx. $33,000,000 (when opponent is B1g or SEC)
Take 14 schools + share to Conference Mngt( equates to $2,800,000 share ACC/team and Conference MNGT against Notre Dame) and $2,200,000 against B1g and SEC...
That is averagely $2,700,000 for Orange Bowl per team + whatever additional dollars Notre Dame association brings (low estimate $1,500,000) plus raise from ESPN to potentially make ACC happy($500,000) for a total expected increase per year starting in '14-'15 of averagely: $4,700,000.
So based on information in hand, the yearly number for 2014-2015 will be more than $1,000,000 higher than Georgia Tech AD indicated.