Can Christian White or Kaleb Joseph shoot FTs? | Syracusefan.com

Can Christian White or Kaleb Joseph shoot FTs?

Alsacs

Living Legend
At the end of the game Patterson can't be in there if we are protecting a lead. 1 for 6 in late game situations. Rak should be the first option, Cooney second option, Roberson third. I don't want G or Patterson at the line. Hopefully JB is seeing if Joseph or White can shoot FTs.

I can shoot free throws. Put me in, coach. I'm ready to play. I'm 34 and haven't played an actual game since high school, outside of pickup now and then, and I can still walk out there and hit 8 or 9 out of 10 free throws every time.

I have mentioned this before as have others when Buss has finished close games. Kaleb is going to make more than Buss IMO and I would prefer he was out there especially as he is in this protect the ball mode of late. I understand that JB likes Buss defensively more than Kaleb right now but when we have the lead and will be getting fouled I would like to see Kaleb in there are plenty of stoppages late if you need to get Buss back in the game.

Why not try an offensive & defensive rotation at end of game. Lot of other teams seem to gain from rotating players in and out to leverage their offensive or defensive skills.

I have mentioned this before as have others when Buss has finished close games. Kaleb is going to make more than Buss IMO and I would prefer he was out there especially as he is in this protect the ball mode of late. I understand that JB likes Buss defensively more than Kaleb right now but when we have the lead and will be getting fouled I would like to see Kaleb in there are plenty of stoppages late if you need to get Buss back in the game.

I really didn't think Patterson's defense was good late in the game anyway. Wake's guard were doing whatever they wanted.

Joseph could've gotten roasted up top, and gotten the hell out of the way on offense too. And he'd have a better chance to make FT's. I couldn't get over why Patterson was in so long. He didn't even play well. And you gotta 100% get him out when Wake is in must foul mode.

Buss was getting split and driven past like swiss cheese at the end of the game. KJ has to be our man.

NorSyr66 said:
Why not try an offensive & defensive rotation at end of game. Lot of other teams seem to gain from rotating players in and out to leverage their offensive or defensive skills.

I have Long asked what our asst coaches do during games

We seem to gain little advantage from the parts of the game that are "controllable"

We win a lot so shut up I guess

I have Long asked what our asst coaches do during games

We seem to gain little advantage from the parts of the game that are "controllable"

We win a lot so shut up I guess

Oh, no! Please don't say we need to, "control the controllables."

At the end of the game Patterson can't be in there if we are protecting a lead. 1 for 6 in late game situations. Rak should be the first option, Cooney second option, Roberson third. I don't want G or Patterson at the line. Hopefully JB is seeing if Joseph or White can shoot FTs.
Absolutely agree but historically JB doesn't do that.

Christian White? No offense to the kid, who we all like, but are you serious with this post?