Can Ishmael be BGSU's (now Alabama's) Dieter? | Syracusefan.com

Can Ishmael be BGSU's (now Alabama's) Dieter?

texascpa

Living Legend
Watching a bunch of BGSU film lately, and you can't help but notice the consistency, route running, hands and playmaking of Gehrig Dieter. CB's could not handle him. He consistently torched Tennessee and never seemed to drop a pass. Say what you want about Johnson, but Dieter and to some extent Roger Lewis (who went to the NFL), were the workhorses of BGSU's offense last year. Caught over 90 balls for a little over 1,000 yards.

We need Ishmael to have that type of productivity. He definitely has the hands and speed. But, with this offense, route running, seperation and running after the ball are the most important aspects.

dont' know, maybe I'm overanalyzing and need something to talk about with three friggin, loooooooooooong days left. :bat:

Watching a bunch of BGSU film lately, and you can't help but notice the consistency, route running, hands and playmaking of Gehrig Dieter. CB's could not handle him. He consistently torched Tennessee and never seemed to drop a pass. Say what you want about Johnson, but Dieter and to some extent Roger Lewis (who went to the NFL), were the workhorses of BGSU's offense last year. Caught over 90 balls for a little over 1,000 yards.

We need Ishmael to have that type of productivity. He definitely has the hands and speed. But, with this offense, route running, seperation and running after the ball are the most important aspects.

dont' know, maybe I'm overanalyzing and need something to talk about with three friggin, loooooooooooong days left. :bat:
I agree...except Steve's lack of speed is his one noticeable weakness. He's not a burner, he's quicker than he is fast.

He still manages to get separation as a result of his great route running. Best of all, he has tremendous hands and ball skills which allows him to come down with the ball in a crowd.

I agree...except Steve's lack of speed is his one noticeable weakness. He's not a burner, he's quicker than he is fast.

He still manages to get separation as a result of his great route running. Best of all, he has tremendous hands and ball skills which allows him to come down with the ball in a crowd.

Literally the only positives that George McDonald gave us were him and Estime.

Literally the only positives that George McDonald gave us were him and Estime.

And the throwback to the TE to win the BC game and get us into the bowl game.
He wasn't called McF-it for nothing.

I think Ish is severely under rated even on this board.

I also had the opportunity to have a lengthy conversation with him and he is an absolutely outstanding individual that we are lucky to have in our program.

texascpa said:
Watching a bunch of BGSU film lately, and you can't help but notice the consistency, route running, hands and playmaking of Gehrig Dieter. CB's could not handle him. He consistently torched Tennessee and never seemed to drop a pass. Say what you want about Johnson, but Dieter and to some extent Roger Lewis (who went to the NFL), were the workhorses of BGSU's offense last year. Caught over 90 balls for a little over 1,000 yards. We need Ishmael to have that type of productivity. He definitely has the hands and speed. But, with this offense, route running, seperation and running after the ball are the most important aspects. dont' know, maybe I'm overanalyzing and need something to talk about with three friggin, loooooooooooong days left. :bat:

Roger Lewis was the stud , difference maker of that BG WR core. Dieter was the reception stacker. We need Ish to be much more of a Lewis then Dieter. Erv/Bris can be a more explosive Dieter. We actually have more weapons (everything equal) than BG did from qb - WR - RB

Roger Lewis was the stud , difference maker of that BG WR core. Dieter was the reception stacker. We need Ish to be much more of a Lewis then Dieter. Erv/Bris can be a more explosive Dieter. We actually have more weapons (everything equal) than BG did from qb - WR - RB

All true

dieter.jpg