Can Marquette start losing please? | Syracusefan.com

Can Marquette start losing please?

SUOrangeSU

All Conference
They really aren't that good and currently are leading the big east..come on..

they are @Gtown Monday, so that could be a loss.

I said a few weeks ago I would be really surprised if someone other than SU or Lville won the league. I believe that was before James got suspended. I still feel that way, but Marquette is making me re-think a little. They have a bit of a tough stretch coming up, 3 of the next 4 are on the road (Gtown, Seton Hall, and Nova) sandwiched around a visit from Pitt.

The schedule is pretty manageable though, they end with ND at home, then @Sju and Rutgers.

Lville has a pretty manageable schedule as well. They have 4 road games left; ND, SU, USF, and Depaul. THey have St. Johns, Seton Hall, ND, and Cincy at home.

It really seems like the league is going to come down to our trip to Marquette, and Lville coming to the dome. If we win both, it would be nearly impossible for us to lose the league unless we completely fall apart in the other games.

they are @Gtown Monday, so that could be a loss.

I said a few weeks ago I would be really surprised if someone other than SU or Lville won the league. I believe that was before James got suspended. I still feel that way, but Marquette is making me re-think a little. They have a bit of a tough stretch coming up, 3 of the next 4 are on the road (Gtown, Seton Hall, and Nova) sandwiched around a visit from Pitt.

The schedule is pretty manageable though, they end with ND at home, then @Sju and Rutgers.

Lville has a pretty manageable schedule as well. They have 4 road games left; ND, SU, USF, and Depaul. THey have St. Johns, Seton Hall, ND, and Cincy at home.

It really seems like the league is going to come down to our trip to Marquette, and Lville coming to the dome. If we win both, it would be nearly impossible for us to lose the league unless we completely fall apart in the other games.
Take care of home court we win the league.

Pitt and Louisville are bigger threats for the league title than Marquette. Marquette plays Georgetown, Pitt and us at home and then ends with 4 easy games. Pitt only plays Notre Dame and @Marquette next week and four easy games to end the season. Louisville has a tougher schedule, but is a more talented team. We have the hardest remaining schedule for any Big East contender with St. John's, @UConn, Georgetown x2, Louisville, @Marquette all left on the schedule and plucky Providence and DePaul at home.

We need Notre Dame to beat Louisville to give us a little cushion over them.

As soon as we start looking for teams to lose with what we have on the court (especially the likes of Marq.) we are in trouble. We just need to stay focused with the task at hand and we will be just fine. Marquette will likely not be there at the end anyway, so spending ANY time on them, in my opinion of course, is expended energy that could be spent on much more worthy endeavors such as mowing the lawn, drinking a beer, or relieving yourself. Just one man's opinion.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom