Can OAA cut it any tighter? | Syracusefan.com

Can OAA cut it any tighter?

cuseguy

Living Legend
When they cut to timeoutts, etc., during the game, they break off Matt Park so quickly that you can't even hear him give the score.

At the end of the game, they ended the coverage while Princeton's last shot was in the air.

God forbid if they gave us two extra seconds of coverage.

My favorite is the DUNK or whatever logo floating full screen during live game. Like they make us miss 10-15 seconds of the opponent possession so we can see that twisting around.

Noticed the same thing. It's amazing considering they are famous for forgetting to turn the audio back on when coming back from timeouts. And why, oh why, do they need to show a full screen graphic that says "Lets make some noise" or "DUNK!" for 20 seconds while game action continues.

I write them nasty emails to no avail. The broadcast production is so poor it's incomprehensible. Just stunning. The cut away while Princeton's last shot was still in the air was the last straw. While their cartoon like graphics spin and twist, entire subsequent possessions are missed. The broadcast rarely, if ever starts with the sound. I could understand if they aired commercials during timeouts but they just cut away from Matt Park's play by play and switch over to the house sound system. The disparity between the sound levels is so large that you can't hear the Dome sound and if you turn it up on your computer, when the OAA sound cuts back in it is deafening.

It's embarrassing that a school whose communications program is considered the best in the world has such a rinky dink production covering their basketball program. The fact that is is a paid subscription offering is even more outrageous.

Well Atleast we were able to actually watch a play today. Some nights you can't get any coverage and get a skip photo of every 10 seconds. It was much better tonight then some other recent memories.

They're not producing the video/audio for a TV-like presentation -- they're simply broadcasting the Dome feed (i.e., what you'd be seeing on the screens if you were there) and laying the radio audio over it.

When they cut to timeoutts, etc., during the game, they break off Matt Park so quickly that you can't even hear him give the score.

At the end of the game, they ended the coverage while Princeton's last shot was in the air.

God forbid if they gave us two extra seconds of coverage.
I thought OAA was very good tonight. I was very happy to have it.

I was happy to have it but the coverage was awful. High school production.

I finally gave up on them. No oaa for me any more. Lowers my anxiety levels a lot.

Next time I'll sit in my car, like my brother did, and listen to the game on radio.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
newmom4503

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom