Can Ron Patterson step up for Syracuse in his sophomore season? | Syracusefan.com

Can Ron Patterson step up for Syracuse in his sophomore season?

Unless the coaching staff if done with G at the 1 and Patterson is capable I really don't see him getting many minutes at all.

Unless the coaching staff if done with G at the 1 and Patterson is capable I really don't see him getting many minutes at all.

It really all depends on G, if he plays well I don't see there being any minutes for him, if he struggles, he could very well play his way into some minutes.

It really all depends on G, if he plays well I don't see there being any minutes for him, if he struggles, he could very well play his way into some minutes.
ure a jb clone. playing 40 minutes is cumlative. why r the spurs and heat, at their peak now. resting guys before they hit the wall

igor said:
. ure a jb clone. playing 40 minutes is cumlative. why r the spurs and heat, at their peak now. resting guys before they hit the wall

They play double the games and are many years older. Age and the number of games to play a factor.

nothing against Buss, but I'll never really understand this signing... unless there was a need for him to contribute last yr, which clearly JB didn't feel there was, then why bring him in? Could have brought in a nice combo guard this yr. I do hope all works out for Buss, and he has improved, and is ready to contribute. With the likes of Malachai and Howard coming in, it makes you wonder if he'll get out there.

I see him as a utility player. I hope he can develop a consistent 3 point shot. If we can get 38% from him that would be awesome. He'll come in when Cooney isn't hitting or Joseph or Silent G need a rest. Nothing wrong with that...we need depth.

I think he can, and will be given opportunities to show he can step up. If not, then G and / or BJ need to.

We need to have more shooters. Buss can potentially bring that to the table. It's all up to him.

I think he could end up being a spark plug off the bench like Dion was. Bull his way to the rim, streaky but competent scorer. Not saying he is Dion, or comparing them at all, just saying he could be the instant offense type player off the bench that we seem to be lacking at the guard position.

nothing against Buss, but I'll never really understand this signing... unless there was a need for him to contribute last yr, which clearly JB didn't feel there was, then why bring him in? Could have brought in a nice combo guard this yr. I do hope all works out for Buss, and he has improved, and is ready to contribute. With the likes of Malachai and Howard coming in, it makes you wonder if he'll get out there.

We'll see but I tend to share this opinion as well.

Most underrated player on this coming years roster... No one on board talks about him... Can really drive and dish, and can shoot the three. 1 year of learning defense and has great wingspan. Will contribute a lot more next year than what everyone on this board thinks.