Can Someone Explain ESPN... | Syracusefan.com

Can Someone Explain ESPN...

Col. Bleep

All American
This is their showcase game.
They do tons of prep.
Pre-game and early on they're talking about CJ Fair and how he's important and a future NBA'er.
Then he all but disappears from the game.
And the announcers never mention his lack of presence.

And I don't think they ever mentioned UConn's 2nd half strategy to run more clock instead of trying to run or
get quicker shots.

Nor our lack of movement and increased reliance on 1-on-1 play in second half.

I'm no basketball expert (although, of course, I think I am).
If I can see that...how come they don't?
It's just as important to talk about what isn't happening as what is happening.

And Dan Shulman is typically on the ball.
I don't get it.

Shulman was too busy babysitting Vitale.

Case closed.

Shulman was too busy babysitting Vitale.

Case closed.

I think Shulman is a fine announcer. Not surprised they've paired him with Vitale, to offset his stream of consciousness ramblings.

Vitale's got his quota of crap he has to squueze into the broadcast. If the game itself actually gets in the way, he fails.

What I don't get is how there is no postgame as part of the gameday broadcast. The game ends and there's just nothing. A quick check in with the crew that called the game during sportscenter is it. I'd like to get some closing thoughts from Jay Bilas and company.

Because he had 7 rebs, 6 pts and 3 blks almost all in the 1st half. He didn't do a lot in the 2nd half but why should they point him out when nobody did a whole lot that half. He was just 1 of many in the 2nd half. But the first half, he was very key.

There was at least one mention by Shulman that Fair hadn't done much in the second half.

There was at least one mention by Shulman that Fair hadn't done much in the second half.

to be fair to fair, how often did they actually give him the ball in the second half? the fab pick and roll with scoop was not working in the second half..uconn knew how to defend it. I would have really like to see them post up Melo a few more times and make drummond move his feet.

What I don't get is how there is no postgame as part of the gameday broadcast. The game ends and there's just nothing. A quick check in with the crew that called the game during sportscenter is it. I'd like to get some closing thoughts from Jay Bilas and company.
If you watch the replay on ESPN3, you get to see a brief recap, and Erin Andrews' post-game interview with JB.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Foxda130

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom