Can someone explain to me how… | Syracusefan.com

Can someone explain to me how…

McNabb2Brominski

All Conference
Louisville does not have any of FSU, Clemson or UNC on their schedule, but we have all 3 in back to back to back weeks? In fact, only two other ACC schools (Miami and Duke) have all 3 on their schedules. So here in lies the question, why does the ACC hate Syracuse so much?

I wonder what that discussion was like when the ACC schedule makers realized we had this gauntlet on our schedule.., probably a shoulder shrug and chuckle. I would say Wildhack needs to stand up to the ACC about this schedule inequity, but I’m not sure that would even do much…

1697069364563.gif

Wow that’s wild. Didn’t know that. It’s certainly bad for acc if cuse wins in their mind for football. For basketball it’s fine

Our problem is we have FSU as a perm rival. JW should have put up a big fight to avoid that.
Which makes zero sense. We had very little history with them before joining the ACC, have had maybe 2 actual good games with them, and they’re one of the furthest schools away from us in the league.

VT, BC, Pitt, and Miami are the only ACC schools that have ever had any type of rivalry with Cuse.

Last edited:
SU wanted to play a Florida school every year. They preferred Miami, but BC got them.
Ridiculous. Syracuse and Miami clashed at the top of the Big East for much of the 90’s.

BC was a freakin afterthought.

If we’re talking actual “rivals” when picking “rivals”, this matters.

BC and Miami have never had a rivalry.

I wish Boston College fans existed so I could ask them what it's like for the ACC to care about them even less than they do Syracuse
Do you know how many beat downs, insults and red high healed shoes I've taken for saying that here?

SU wanted to play a Florida school every year. They preferred Miami, but BC got them.
Well isn’t that a fail by JW to lose out to BC?

FSU is in Alabama btw

Edit

Before with divisions SU played in Florida 7 times over a 12 year span. Without divisions and neither FSU nor Miami as a perm rival we would play in Florida 6 times over 12 years. How is that a big difference?

Last edited:
Well isn’t that a fail by JW to lose out to BC?

FSU is in Alabama btw

Edit

Before with divisions SU played in Florida 7 times over a 12 year span. Without divisions and neither FSU nor Miami as a perm rival we would play in Florida 6 times over 12 years. How is that a big difference?
If Miami was ever an option, sure.

FSU lobbied for it and they matter, we don’t
Based on the backlash by their fans when they found out they had us as a “Rival” that’s surprising. They were mad because they wanted GT

Our role is to be a punching bag for the better ACC football programs.

Based on the backlash by their fans when they found out they had us as a “Rival” that’s surprising. They were mad because they wanted GT
Yeah but supposedly their AD wanted them to play a lot in NY, don’t know why, beyond Jersey recruiting I guess. Or really they just wanted an automatic win perhaps

I wish Boston College fans existed so I could ask them what it's like for the ACC to care about them even less than they do Syracuse
Hey they got their preferred partner choice Miami vs FSU unlike SU.