Can we get a little perspective here please? | Syracusefan.com

Can we get a little perspective here please?

FreakTalksAboutSU

All American
I've seen posts in the last couple of hours comparing this Marrone story to the Newtown shooting (mass murder of children) and the Bernie Fine scandal (allegations of sexual abuse of children).

The football coach may be leaving for another job.

And that's that.

I've seen posts in the last couple of hours comparing this Marrone story to the Newtown shooting (mass murder of children) and the Bernie Fine scandal (allegations of sexual abuse of children).

The football coach may be leaving for another job.

And that's that.
Let's also get a little more reading comprehension and a little less holier than thou -- as unnecessary/incorrect as the comparisons were, they were made to the REPORTING on those stories, not their content.

Newtown was a freak awful occurrence that had anyone who had a kid in any school in this country immediately terrified. People wanted information, correct or a guess, 5 minutes ago as the story unfolded.

The Fine thing I will grant the parallel in that it has been an up and down and inside out clusterf***, but we are talking 5 days here. I dont think its even close to that as far as how impactful the ups and downs are.

I will concede however that this story has been Superstorm Sandyish in proportion (not really)...