Can we put the small lineup to rest? | Syracusefan.com

Can we put the small lineup to rest?

Cuse4

Scout Team
Just leaves guys wide open. Better off with DC2, even in situations like today with the foul trouble

Agree. Would rather have DC2 at center than Triche on the baseline wing in the zone. Have to believe that JB will can it.

We didn't really have a choice today. Christmas was more likely to foul out playing on the wing, which would have left us with an even worse lineup than the one you're complaining about.

We didn't really have a choice today. Christmas was more likely to foul out playing on the wing, which would have left us with an even worse lineup than the one you're complaining about.
but with Triche in the back it leaves openings all over the place. Down low and the 3 were WIDE open with him back there.

but with Triche in the back it leaves openings all over the place. Down low and the 3 were WIDE open with him back there.

And Coleman is a defensive liability down low. Threes are lower percentage shots than twos. Put Coleman in and they work it into the middle. If anyone tries to help, they kick out for the same wide open three.

It's a failure; there's no arguing this. It's the most defensively-inept combination of scholarship players we have - certainly worse than playing with Coleman in the middle. Triche isn't going to learn to defend the wing in the next couple weeks, nor should he be expected to.

After the dodged bullet against Cincinnati, I said that the next time we played three guards together would be during a loss. Terribly sorry to see that come to pass.

i really hope we never see it again. JB even said during the pre-game that he didn't "plan" on using it, and i doubt we would have seen it if not for the foul trouble. personally i rather would see dc2 in there. at least he can rebound, and as bad as he is offensively right now, he still gives you more then the other guy

i really hope we never see it again. JB even said during the pre-game that he didn't "plan" on using it, and i doubt we would have seen it if not for the foul trouble. personally i rather would see dc2 in there. at least he can rebound, and as bad as he is offensively right now, he still gives you more then the other guy

It's been a long darn time since we've seen the Coleman can get a rebound. He's been glued to the floor out there of late.

But he's got five fouls to give and the end result is no worse than having a guard play the wing and watching the other team get wild from three.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CB277777

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom