Can we see how the bracket plays out first? | Syracusefan.com

Can we see how the bracket plays out first?

Marsh01

Living Legend
I love how people are putting KState on the same pedestal as 1991 UNLV. How Vanderbilt is going to hammer us? Did they all get byes? Dont they have to win games? First 16 seed to beat a 1 seed? Some of you people are fu cked up.

Lets wait and see what happens to the teams ahead of us before we start burying this team. I am pissed of too and cant believe this is happening but I sure as hell am not going to admit a defeat to a team we may or may not play.

K-State is #49 RPI. The team they are playing, Southern Mississippi, is #21. Their coach may not look as mean but their team might be better.

only team i dont think we can beat in our bracket is ohio state, and thats a long way away. things havent changed that much, we just have less margin for error. we play well we'll win, we play like crap we'll lose, same as if we had fab. losing fab hurts the most against the big boys, we aint beating the kentuckys and carolinas and ohios states and kansas's w/o fab. vandy? kstate? wisconsin? we're still better than those teams.

Without Melo we are maybe a 3 seed this year?

Only problem is that such a team would have had the entire season of playing without Fab. Not much time to make such an adjustment,

only team i dont think we can beat in our bracket is ohio state, and thats a long way away. things havent changed that much, we just have less margin for error. we play well we'll win, we play like crap we'll lose, same as if we had fab. losing fab hurts the most against the big boys, we aint beating the kentuckys and carolinas and ohios states and kansas's w/o fab. vandy? kstate? wisconsin? we're still better than those teams.

That's the thing, though. We're NOT beating the big boys without Fab. That certainly takes the luster away. It's not like we're a No. 8 seed and hopeful making a little run in the tourney. People purchased tickets to Boston and New Orleans, plane rides and hotels.

The whole 16 over 1 convo's are absolutely ridiculous. Last I checked we have some pretty darn good college players who are more than capable of stepping up.

We've been playing with a chip on our shoulder the entire year. Well, that chip just got that much bigger. And that's a difference between this team and '10. Outta no where, that '10 team was hit with the AO injury. This year, the team has had to fight through all the BS all season long, and prevailed with flying colors. I'm not counting these guys out yet.

That's the thing, though. We're NOT beating the big boys without Fab. That certainly takes the luster away. It's not like we're a No. 8 seed and hopeful making a little run in the tourney. People purchased tickets to Boston and New Orleans, plane rides and hotels.

but theres no guarantee the big boys are making the final 4 either. look who uconn beat last year in final 4, a 4 seed and an 8 seed.

survive and advance, hopefully its another 1 of those tournies that is a complete clusterfu*k by the sweet 16

JB historically does better in the tournament when less is expected of his team. That's certainly the case now . . . sigh.

I agree that less is sometimes more with JB...but it's not like we're going to fly under the radar just because Fab is out. We're a number one seed and we're Syracuse...no one will take us lightly.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom