Can we trade beat writers? | Syracusefan.com

Can we trade beat writers?

itsbotime

2nd String
Attached is a picture from the game last night. What is interesting is not the play itself, but what can be seen in the press row. Syracuse's beat writer is sitting in the second row, wearing a coat and tie, neutral colors. UNC's beat writer from the local paper (News & Observer) is sitting in the first row, wearing an orange sweater and blue tie. Coincidentally, the beat writer is an NC State grad.

Can we trade? At least your beat writer knows how to dress professionally and doesn't openly root against the team that he is supposed to cover.

http://imgix.At their request, this network is being blocked from this site./147/1471012.jpg

Attached is a picture from the game last night. What is interesting is not the play itself, but what can be seen in the press row. Syracuse's beat writer is sitting in the second row, wearing a coat and tie, neutral colors. UNC's beat writer from the local paper (News & Observer) is sitting in the first row, wearing an orange sweater and blue tie. Coincidentally, the beat writer is an NC State grad.

Can we trade? At least your beat writer knows how to dress professionally and doesn't openly root against the team that he is supposed to cover.

http://imgix.At their request, this network is being blocked from this site./147/1471012.jpg
Hmmm. Do you know who the beat writer is for Syracuse?

I don't see Mike Waters in this picture. Interesting you bring this up though, as Mike is a UNC grad. We can tolerate a UNC guy covering the basketball team. But a NC State grad? No way.

No deal. We like Mike a lot.

Who is that? It doesn't look like Mike Waters.

Who is that? It doesn't look like Mike Waters.
Oh no...it's him!

Fringe-September.jpg

(What...no Fringe fans?)

Hmmm. Do you know who the beat writer is for Syracuse?

I don't see Mike Waters in this picture. Interesting you bring this up though, as Mike is a UNC grad. We can tolerate a UNC guy covering the basketball team. But a NC State grad? No way.

No deal. We like Mike a lot.

My apologies if I was incorrect about your beat writer...the IC post about our troll of a beat writer (Andrew Carter) mentioned that the man sitting behind him was SU's writer, but you all know more about that than anyone on IC, I'm positive.

There is a different photo that shows all of press row, and everyone is wearing neutral coats, shirts, and ties...with one glaring exception.

I see a hand in Tyler's lower back on a rebound? This must be an optical illusion since Carolina didn't get called for any loose ball fouls during rebounding action.

I see a hand in Tyler's lower back on a rebound? This must be an optical illusion since Carolina didn't get called for any loose ball fouls during rebounding action.

I don't know the context of the shot...can't tell if it is a picture of a player attempting a dunk/layup, or of two players fighting for a board.

We'll give you this guy. We liked him a lot when he covered our football team.
upload_2015-1-27_11-0-14.jpeg

I don't know the context of the shot...can't tell if it is a picture of a player attempting a dunk/layup, or of two players fighting for a board.

I'm not sure either actually but if its a rebound or a shot attempt pushing in the lower back on an air born player should be a foul which was my point seeing as it happened quite often without being called.

I'm not sure either actually but if its a rebound or a shot attempt pushing in the lower back on an air born player should be a foul which was my point seeing as it happened quite often without being called.

Can't argue with you there, there is clearly a hand in the back.

Can't argue with you there, there is clearly a hand in the back.

Its part of the NCAA officiating problem. When you let too much physical play go that you stop calling stuff that may not be a lot of contact but clearly effects a players ability to control themselves while in the air.

Going by last night's late game standards, it's clearly a foul on Roberson.

Your right, my bad. When Roberson jumps the highest and gets to the ball first its unfair for UNC so he is called for a foul. Great play, so we are going to have to call you for over the back.

I wonder if this was that breakaway where he got sandwiched with no call.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom