Can You Help A Husky Fan Out? | Syracusefan.com

Can You Help A Husky Fan Out?

HuskyHooper

Walk On
Hey guys, Husky fan here. Excited and nervous about coach Hop. My question has to do with transfers. I don't expect anyone from Cuse to follow him. But were there any recruits he missed out on that you could see transferring to UW? Perhaps anyone from a school where there was a coaching change, a team like Georgetown. Are there any names that were strongly connected to coach Hop that you think he could get to come to UW?

Thanks in advance.

Washington Husky Fan. Not Uconn.

We are losing players left and right since Hop came on board. We had the best recruiting class in school history going into this year. Since the coaching change, we lost #1 recruit, Porter Jr to Mizzou. Blake Harris has been released. Two Seattle kids who are both 4 star recruits are likely to get their release and look elsewhere. Our best big man has already said he is leaving, along with another bench big man. I think right now we only have 7 kids under scholarship. This is why I'm asking. We need players.

We are losing players left and right since Hop came on board. We had the best recruiting class in school history going into this year. Since the coaching change, we lost #1 recruit, Porter Jr to Mizzou. Blake Harris has been released. Two Seattle kids who are both 4 star recruits are likely to get their release and look elsewhere. Our best big man has already said he is leaving, along with another bench big man. I think right now we only have 7 kids under scholarship. This is why I'm asking. We need players.
Also can't answer your question, but Hop is a genuine guy who really cares for his players, and can coach. After a little time and some recruiting, I think the players will really come to like and respect him, and that will mean more and more kids in the future for you guys. Like with any coaching change, give it some time and patience.

I don't have an answer to your question but probably best not to refer to yourself as a Husky fan on here as I was instantly triggered.
I thought the same thing. "" came to mind as I clicked on the thread (Marsh must have brainwashed me). Luckily, I was wrong.

You might want to change the title to Uw Husky fan, we generally don't like helping out Husky fans from another state.

Hopkins wouldn't take anyone he recruited 2017 for Syracuse to Washington. It would be hurting his mentor when he knows we are having roster problems right now.

I will tell you Hopkins can recruit. He will get recruits to Washington as he was our best recruiter recently. Hopkins has handled most of the non-in game coaching stuff.

I doubt any of our players will transfer out to Washington and we only have a 3 man recruiting class none of which are top prospects. This past recruiting class has been our lowest rated in 5-6 years.

You guys will get talent. I would expect now for Hopkins to look at the JUCO ranks if the current Washington roster is really thin.

Guys, with the Husky stuff, I think he gets it lol.

I don't know but it seems he's going for the full rebuild so I wouldn't imagine him trying to go after guys who aren't "foundation" guys.

I could see this year being very underwhelming but hopefully after a year of attrition, he'll have his guys and turn around the program.

He's always been a big time recruiter, granted with the Syracuse name behind him, but going after big name talents against blue blood programs is in his blood so hopefully he can work some magic out the gate but it wont be any guys from here or any of the Big 3 we seem to be locked in on "post-Hopkins" as they are all east coast guys.

Hey guys, Husky fan here. Excited and nervous about coach Hop. My question has to do with transfers. I don't expect anyone from Cuse to follow him. But were there any recruits he missed out on that you could see transferring to UW? Perhaps anyone from a school where there was a coaching change, a team like Georgetown. Are there any names that were strongly connected to coach Hop that you think he could get to come to UW?

Thanks in advance.
Parents will fall in love with Hop, as much as the kids he recruits. It may take a while, given the thinness of your current roster, but I would be shocked if he doesn't get it done out there. Your future is bright.

You didn't lose recruits because Hop came on board, you lost them because Romar left. Big distinction. Now, why and how he was able to get those recruits to sign up to play absolutely mediocre ball, I have no idea. What was the draw? Sure Porters dad was hired that one is easy but the rest? I don't get it. I just hope Hop isn't saddled with the ensuing penalties, ya know?

One thing I don't know is - even though Hop is from the West Coast, I am not sure if he has connections or not out there. When you take a job across the country and most of your connections are in the East, it could be a bit difficult. Unless he can convince those kids to go to Washington

Thanks in advance.
I've met coach Hop several times in person, most recently in Maui when I had the room next to his. He is one of the nicest men you can meet. Furthermore, as a Syracuse coach, he was on the modest side. I was astonished in a good way to hear his self confidence come out in the UWash press conference.

I'm sorry so many players are leaving your team. I think they will regret it in the long run.

Maybe he hits up the grad transfer market as a one year stop gap. He will recruit well if given time.

I understand Porter wanting out so he can play for his father, but have the others even had a chance to talk with Hopkins and give him a shot?

This is a lose lose situation. Many of us wanted Hop as our next coach. Make no mistake, Hop is a positive guy and will not be outworked but you are losing your best recruiting class and Hop's recruiting connections, such as High school coaches and summer league teams etc. are on the East coast.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom