Canadian Music Thread | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

Canadian Music Thread

The lead singer of the band John Mann, passed away today at the age of 57 from early onset Alzheimer's

If you went to university in Canada in the mid 90's, this was seemingly on the playlist almost every time you went out. And you probably had a chance to see them on campus or near campus as well.

RIP John Mann, lead singer of Spirit of the West. He was a terrific stage performer. Diagnosed at 50 with early onset Alzheimers, he was 57. We'll miss you, John.

So this thread had nothing since June 26, and then as all of us east coasters were sleeping, it comes roaring back to life in triplicate just after midnight.

And by the way my favorite song out of Canada is the national anthem.

This was the thread that came closest to me coming back from my self-imposed vacation from this site.

So this thread had nothing since June 26, and then as all of us east coasters were sleeping, it comes roaring back to life in triplicate just after midnight.

Which one? :)

I like her voice. Doesn't hurt she's been working with the Hip for years.

Sarah Harmer

I'm on Cali time, yo'.

A couple people at work two weeks ago were insisting to me that this song was REALLY well known and just huge in the 80s or 90s....I still haven't found one person that had ever heard it...anyone here?

Anyway, the song is truly amazing, lyrically it's perfect, and definitely a Canadian classic.

Great band. Yes I’ve heard that song before, but admit I don’t know it well. This is their big hit

A couple people at work two weeks ago were insisting to me that this song was REALLY well known and just huge in the 80s or 90s...I still haven't found one person that had ever heard it...anyone here?

Anyway, the song is truly amazing, lyrically it's perfect, and definitely a Canadian classic.

Never before today.

Country Fans, you're welcome

If it's written by a Canadian, is it Canadian music? Bryan Adams wrote this.

A couple people at work two weeks ago were insisting to me that this song was REALLY well known and just huge in the 80s or 90s...I still haven't found one person that had ever heard it...anyone here?

Never heard it before and the name of the group doesn't ring a bell either.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------