Cannot wait for this article ... | Syracusefan.com

Cannot wait for this article ...

SU94

Starter
From Ryan McGee, ESPN.com:
(apologies if this has already been posted)
Third down: Threat level Orange

One week ago I spent the day with the Syracuse Orange and third-year head coach Doug Marrone. I'll write more about them next week, but the turnaround there is nothing shy of stunning. Yes, their August has been riddled with injuries, and no, I don't expect them to duplicate last year's eight-win season. They're too young and their schedule is stacked up all wrong.

However, for anyone who ever attended a Cuse practice under Greg Robinson and then attends a practice under Marrone, the difference in the direction that the program is headed is very obvious very quickly.

"We're not there yet by any means," said Floyd Little, still-new Pro Football Hall of Famer and now full-time legend-in-residence. "But the battleship is being turned."

I'll have more on Syracuse and other schools that are getting closer to former glory next week.

Hadn't seen that... Thanks for sharing... Don't like the lack of faith though in another 8 win year. Honestly feel that is more than attainable. Must beat WF. Crucial game...

yea, I actually think our schedule is more favorable this year, but I think their drinking the young defense kool aid of them struggling some. Wake sets the tone, if we beat wake we win 7-9 regular season games if we lose we prob end upw ith 4-5. The game is enormous for the mindset of the players.