Can't Say Much...and not a lot came out of Winter Meetings... | Syracusefan.com

Can't Say Much...and not a lot came out of Winter Meetings...

arbitragegls

All Conference
and one of the primary reasons for this is that Maryland attended all the meetings. Unlike the BE and 'Cuse/Pitt, the ACC waits until official notice is made that a team is leaving before NOT INCLUDING that team in meetings, votes etc. Unfortunately, Maryland has not submitted formal documents that it is leaving...even though the PR announcement etc has been made, Maryland has until August to do so. Therefore, little information is going to be leaked unless picked up by major media--and this will probably include the Spring Meetings too. Part of the Maryland suit was a point mentioning that the ACC was not giving Maryland same info other schools were receiving. So to assuage the suit, ACC is including Maryland in conversations; albeit not really strategic nor relevant...this ties my hands too...
However, if anything of import to 'Cuse should be known from source, I will place in our weekly stealth forums held during bball games. Otherwise it will be a while to pop any information. For now, just know that nothing negative is taking place...Go 'Cuse!

and one of the primary reasons for this is that Maryland attended all the meetings. Unlike the BE and 'Cuse/Pitt, the ACC waits until official notice is made that a team is leaving before NOT INCLUDING that team in meetings, votes etc. Unfortunately, Maryland has not submitted formal documents that it is leaving...even though the PR announcement etc has been made, Maryland has until August to do so. Therefore, little information is going to be leaked unless picked up by major media--and this will probably include the Spring Meetings too. Part of the Maryland suit was a point mentioning that the ACC was not giving Maryland same info other schools were receiving. So to assuage the suit, ACC is including Maryland in conversations; albeit not really strategic nor relevant...this ties my hands too...
However, if anything of import to 'Cuse should be known from source, I will place in our weekly stealth forums held during bball games. Otherwise it will be a while to pop any information. For now, just know that nothing negative is taking place...Go 'Cuse!

What?! Nothing new?!? You are fired!! Box up your stuff and pick up your check at the door!!

Just kidding...

Should put your juicy details stuff with all the other juicy detail stuff that is on the pay side...

What?! Nothing new?!? You are fired!! Box up your stuff and pick up your check at the door!!

Just kidding...

Should put your juicy details stuff with all the other juicy detail stuff that is on the pay side...
General, you know that the stealth side must remain so...however, the bball basketball game forum would be a good outlet as long as Dasher doesnt come down on all of us for being relatively, just a little bit favoring Uconn...but that is also a topic we cannot discuss.

General, you know that the stealth side must remain so...however, the bball basketball game forum would be a good outlet as long as Dasher doesnt come down on all of us for being relatively, just a little bit favoring Uconn...but that is also a topic we cannot discuss.
I knew it. I knew you had huskie blood. When are you and Marsh going to come out of the closet? As basketball fans I mean.

Depending on the results of the lawsuit or whatever else, any chance Maryland has second thoughts and decides to stay?

Obviously this would have effects on Oklahoma's impending move to the Big Ten, which I hear is imminent, unless things change... obviously.

If they haven't formally submitted their intention to leave, then on what legal basis is the ACC withholding their conference share? Genuine question. Don't know the answer to it.

I knew it. I knew you had huskie blood. When are you and Marsh going to come out of the closet? As basketball fans I mean.

images

If they haven't formally submitted their intention to leave, then on what legal basis is the ACC withholding their conference share? Genuine question. Don't know the answer to it.

That is Maryland's position, but they have publicly announced their intentions and this is merely a legal tactic. The ACC's position is that by going public, MAryland has in effect given notice. Regardless, the ACC can file for an injuction to withhold the monies and it is quite conceivable that an NC court would agree to the injunction. It is clear that Maryland will owe at least 1.25X the annual TV revenue, which was the old exit fee.

This is especially true in light of the potential money owed by Maryland to the ACC. Without their sugar daddy (Under Armour dude) covering the buyout (he has stated he would not), an already cash strapped Maryland will have even more problems.

Depending on the results of the lawsuit or whatever else, any chance Maryland has second thoughts and decides to stay?

Obviously this would have effects on Oklahoma's impending move to the Big Ten, which I hear is imminent, unless things change... obviously.
the term is FLUID...meaning s..t flows down hill...no wait; it is a term used by WVU inside imposters, dammit meant posters, to mean that anything in the world can change at any time.

ESPN'S COLLEGE FOOTBALL BET WEIGHS DOWN DISNEY PROFITS

Unlike college athletics bigwigs such as Jim Delany and DeLoss Dodds, Disney CEO Bob Iger has shareholders to answer to. If this quarter turns out to be a harbinger of more to come, ESPN may have to start cutting its losses on college sports. What that means for the network's more tenuous ventures, such as the Longhorn Network or a potential ACC network, is anyone's guess.

Just kidding...

Arbys_Extras.png