how BS is this poll

• this poll

Votes: 1 50.0%
  • This poll is BS

Votes: 1 50.0%

• Total voters

jordoo

Living Legend
Loved the BE but the last 5-6 years have been less about letting teams play and more about being physical. Bball is a spacing, movement and skill game yet in these days its a physical contest more than a skill context in the BE.

Agree - I don't know what has happened with the officiating this year. It's almost like watching football at times. I just don't get it. How does the head of the NCAA officiating let this crap go, game after game. I'm to the point that I could careless about college hoops this year at times. Something needs to be done and soon!

Today's loss had nothing to do with the refs. Pitt is a MUCH more physical team that plays physical defense. They punch us in the mouth every time we play them. SU does not like this type of play. Our team this season lacks the offensive weapons to exploit Pitt's weaknesses especially being shorthanded today. Since they're going to the ACC with us, as long as Dixon is there expect more of the same. But it's one game and it doesn't mean we won't go on to a successful season. It's just aggravating that every game against Pitt looks pretty much the same and JB doesn't seem to be able to change that. The other ACC teams won't like Pitt's style either, it will be culture shock to them and it won't take long before they're sorry they invited them.

Do you really think that the officiating is going to be much better in the ACC? How many calls do you think we'll get against UNC and Duke?

Today's loss had nothing to do with the refs. Pitt is a MUCH more physical team that plays physical defense. They punch us in the mouth every time we play them. SU does not like this type of play. Our team this season lacks the offensive weapons to exploit Pitt's weaknesses especially being shorthanded today. Since they're going to the ACC with us, as long as Dixon is there expect more of the same. But it's one game and it doesn't mean we won't go on to a successful season. It's just aggravating that every game against Pitt looks pretty much the same and JB doesn't seem to be able to change that. The other ACC teams won't like Pitt's style either, it will be culture shock to them and it won't take long before they're sorry they invited them.
Except usually in basketball when you get punched in the mouth the refs call a foul on the other team.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

Pitt will be able to punch us in the ACC too. However, we will punch harder next time.

Agree completely with this sentiment...except for the 2nd part of your last sentence. :)

well after all the BE was only the greatest basketball conference ever. and i'm sure you'll just love the officiating styles in the ACC. i'm 100%acc positive it'll redefine the words SCREW JOB in your lexicon.

I might order "full court" next year so I can watch Pitt get whistled for a moving screen 20 seconds into their ACC debut.

Can't wait for Pitt's first game at Cameron. They will be down to walk-ons before its over

In the first half we punched back quite a few times but let up. In the 2nd half we just keep getting knocked down. Its hard to maintain that type of intensity with only 7 players. Good lesson for our guys about toughness and physicality.

In the first half we punched back quite a few times but let up. In the 2nd half we just keep getting knocked down. Its hard to maintain that type of intensity with only 7 players. Good lesson for our guys about toughness and physicality.

I'll believe that, when I see it. Unfortunately, it's the same 'ol song & dance when we play Pitt, they out hustle, muscle, tough, etc. us. That's a significant factor in why they have won 9 out of the last 11 meetings. Other than Brandon, our guys aren't physical and SU hasn't been physical for years. We are and have been a finesse (long, athletic type to fit our system, etc.) team and just don't match up well against teams of this nature. Though one is separate from the other, we have consistently lacked the mental toughness in these type of games as well.

So, imo, I believe that more than a lesson learned for our guys, it's more of a blueprint to consistently beat us...and why Pitt does... :noidea:

Seth Davis had an article this week where he complained about how the college game is being officiated, allowing too much physical play. He suggested that there will be rule changes forthcoming to clean things up and put more emphasis on scoring versus letting games devolve into scrumfests.

Will be interesting to see what happens.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CB277777

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom