Can't Watch ACL Tears | Syracusefan.com

Can't Watch ACL Tears

CuseFan

Scout Team
After tearing mine 24 years ago in a pick up basketball game, and now 4 knee surgeries with 2 ACL replacements (and now a full knee replacement to go), I cannot watch ACL tear videos. I simply cringe at the thought.

I feel for Chris, and wish him a speedy recovery.

CuseFan said:
After tearing mine 24 years ago in a pick up basketball game, and now 4 knee surgeries with 2 ACL replacements (and now a full knee replacement to go), I cannot watch ACL tear videos. I simply cringe at the thought. I feel for Chris, and wish him a speedy recovery.

I never experienced anything like you did but I can't watch them either, it just looks so damn painful, I can't imagine being shot by a gun being worse than that.

I've watched Noel's a couple if times just because it was amazing watching him run the floor at his size but always turn away on the landing, I haven't watched the replay of McCullough other than what they showed on TV and probably won't. On another injury note, I can promise you I'll never ever watch the Ware injury, just hearing about that is enough for me.

I can tell you from personal experience, it is VERY painful. I also had to be carried off the court, as I could not put any weight on my knee. Then of course, I did it again 10 years later...

Like you, I turn away or fast forward, or find a way not to watch to watch (including that horrible Louisville injury).

CuseFan said:
I can tell you from personal experience, it is VERY painful. I also had to be carried off the court, as I could not put any weight on my knee. Then of course, I did it again 10 years later... Like you, I turn away or fast forward, or find a way not to watch to watch (including that horrible Louisville injury).

I can't imagine doing it once let alone twice.

I've played basketball for 25 years one year at a CC and many many years in rec leagues up until about 3 years ago. I'm 36 now and every time I step onto the court I am legitimately nervous about tearing something, I don't know how it all started nor have any reason to believe something like that would happen, maybe it's just that I've played for so long and the worst things that's happened to me is having one bad sprained ankle and getting my finger stuck in the rim and it popped out of it's socket.

I couldn't imagine having an injury like that in every day life, having to go to work, etc etc. I feel for you man.