carey coming out party... | Syracusefan.com

carey coming out party...

Ya, the early turnovers kind of put us in a hole. However, I really like his bounce back and "he can score". WOW! What a revelation for this team ;)

He’s going to be a great...2G. He can get to the hole, draws contact and gets to the line and has a nice pull up. But he has a long long ways to go as a PG. He is a great 1-1 ISO player and that’s his game. But as far as a distributor and running an offense, that’s not his game.

Thus we have a problem because neither he nor Battle are PGs and play the same position. I wasn’t as worried about the early turnovers because I chalked it up to big game nerves. But he had 0 assists and didn’t really look like he was trying to set up others.

When Frank is 100% I think we’ll see Battle play better and everyone will settle into their roles. Right now everything is kind of herky jerky.

It’s one bad loss. I’m not worried.

He’s going to be a great...2G. He can get to the hole, draws contact and gets to the line and has a nice pull up. But he has a long long ways to go as a PG. He is a great 1-1 ISO player and that’s his game. But as far as a distributor and running an offense, that’s not his game.

Thus we have a problem because neither he nor Battle are PGs and play the same position. I wasn’t as worried about the early turnovers because I chalked it up to big game nerves. But he had 0 assists and didn’t really look like he was trying to set up others.

When Frank is 100% I think we’ll see Battle play better and everyone will settle into their roles. Right now everything is kind of herky jerky.

he had at least two or three nice passes to bigs that should have been assists, but they did not finish.

After some thought kind of glad we had this as a wake up call. Inject some apparently needed urgency to this group. Also did chukwu foul out? Or was he mending some pain?

Yeah, he's a scoring point guard. He's not a "make the engine purr" type of point guard yet.

I think he'll get there.

Carey had a GREAT dime to OSB, that he fumbled, and then went up with a weak shot that got sent.

If he catches that clean, it’s an easy open layup before the defender can recover.

Carey is - at best - a combo guard right now.
He’s not a PG, he’s never been a PG, and won’t magically become one in time for tomorrow’s game.

Nah. I'd have left Buddy in. Jalens handle too shaky. Showed a lot of heart but he can't run the show.

Our problem is we are running 3 -2 guards in this lineup. Carey, Battles, and Hughes. Maybe consider Brissett in that group until he gets tougher. We are overloaded there. Kinda feel Hughes is our best player but only at the 2. At the three he is a liability a little. Hope I am wrong.

the only positive. he had 26 points, 7 boards, and 3 steals. he wanted the ball at crunchtime.

yeah, he had a few early jitters, but he was easily the best player wearing orange.

While it’s great to see him work through the jitters and we saw the high ceiling and great speed, he was scary bad for first 10 minutes and was far and away the biggest reason Cuse fell into the early hole.

We need to pivot and just assume Frank isn't going to be back anytime soon. Start working the offense to what Carey is capable of doing, if that is even possible. For better or worse, he is the guy. He should have been playing him all he could, when he could, instead of Buddy. He played great last night for a freshman who hasn't been in much to date.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom