Carey update | Syracusefan.com

Carey update

Wow... was really hoping it'd be sooner. Hope Washington is back soon.

Yikes. I was hoping it would be sooner. My understanding was that he is further along than Frank.

As long as we have Frank back we should be fine for the UConn then Iowa/Oregon game

I'm pretty sure Carey IS farther along in recovery than Frank. Which would mean Washington is our only chance to have any PG healthy by Uconn.

Last edited:
To me this doesn't sound like somebody super close to being ready for Div1 college basketball. This sounds like he's about to walk, and in a week or two he may be able to run and plant his foot, a week or so after that resume practice, and THEN start thinking about games.

To me this doesn't sound like somebody super close to being ready for Div1 college basketball. This sounds like he's about to walk, and in a week or two he may be able to run and plant his foot, a week or so after that resume practice, and THEN start thinking about games.

Walking boots aren't necessarily that serious. Its not uncommon for guys to slap on a boot for moderate sprains, take it off to workout or play a game and then slap it back on. I'm not saying Frank's sprain (or whatever the injury is) isn't serious - not being cleared for 5 on 5 is indicative that it is - but it's hard to say how far out he is from a return based on the timing of the boot coming off. I'm sure he can walk and jog/run right now.

They'll be just fine with Battle at the point until the boys are ready to go.

all-your-point-guards-are-belong-to-us.jpg

Rod woodson came back from a torn ACL in the same season and that was over 20 years ago. You'd think with today's technology HW would be ready after 9 months. Maybe he tore more than just the ACL?

Rod woodson came back from a torn ACL in the same season and that was over 20 years ago. You'd think with today's technology HW would be ready after 9 months. Maybe he tore more than just the ACL?
Yeah, it was around this time last year when Deshaun Watson tore his.

Damn. Just to get Frank and Jalen integrated into games will be December.

huge opportunity for washington

Yea it is. But I bet Battle still starts at PG until either Frank or Jalen are ready. Will still need to ease Washington in and it allows for both Buddy and Hughes to be on the court.

Better to miss time earlier in the year than possibly be out to end the year (not that either one is really correlated or something you can choose).

yeah, grrrrrr, not that this is some kind of death knell but what a bummer of a start to what could (should?) be a special season

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom