Carmelo Anthony criticized by Bernard King | Syracusefan.com

Carmelo Anthony criticized by Bernard King

Don't know why Bernard would delete all that. He's not wrong and said nothing out of line.

Don't know why Bernard would delete all that. He's not wrong and said nothing out of line.

Agreed. How good has this Paul George become, btw? He is so smooth, athletic, and much stronger this year.

Agreed. How good has this Paul George become, btw? He is so smooth, athletic, and much stronger this year.

Agreed. He should be an all star many times in the coming years.

look i hear bernard but its not just melo missing- jr and kidd are ice cold too

Playing with one shoulder, getting pounded by the HGH filled West and Hibbert...shocked hes ablle to hit any shots

I wouldn't be surprised if Melo smokes Indiana the rest of this series. The Knicks are just feast or famine on offense as a team not just Melo. They look wonderful when they are spreading things out, moving the ball, cutting and taking/making good shots. Then they miss 7 or 8 shots and make it worse by going to isolation ball with Melo or JR.

JR smith just doesn't want to make any money this summer.

According to a published report, the Knicks claim King had allowed a friend to use his handle and that those posts did not reflect his “sentiment.”

LOL. Come on

Playing with one shoulder, getting pounded by the HGH filled West and Hibbert...shocked hes ablle to hit any shots

lol at west.. dude does look like he is juiced up...

Bernard King, consummate winner.

He should at least be a man and admit that he, and not his friend, sent that tweet.

Bernard King, consummate winner.

He should at least be a man and admit that he, and not his friend, sent that tweet.

Yeah that's completely weak. But pretty much what happens every time people tweet stuff they regret

The same Bernard King that helped Bruce Pearl recruit Tobias Harris to UT? I loved Bernard as a player, but I hate it when players from back then criticize players today. Sometimes it's justified, but King is smarter than that.

BTW, what year did King bring a title to NY? Oh, he didn't? Well, he must be a choker too. :rolleyes:

"The same Bernard King that helped Bruce Pearl recruit Tobias Harris to UT?" And it was a "coincidence" that Bernard happened to have a room on the same floor as the Harris'

The same Bernard King that helped Bruce Pearl recruit Tobias Harris to UT? I loved Bernard as a player, but I hate it when players from back then criticize players today. Sometimes it's justified, but King is smarter than that.

BTW, what year did King bring a title to NY? Oh, he didn't? Well, he must be a choker too. :rolleyes:

Pretty big difference between losing while shooting 57% from the floor vs. losing while shooting below 40%. This is the 5th time Melo is shooting less than 40% from the field in the playoffs. That's incredibly horrible.

Yeah that's completely weak. But pretty much what happens every time people tweet stuff they regret

This isn't about him regretting it...he means it all...it's the paranoid owner that is James Dolan...Bernard was giving commentary but Dolan saw it and didn't like it and forced it down!

Pretty big difference between losing while shooting 57% from the floor vs. losing while shooting below 40%. This is the 5th time Melo is shooting less than 40% from the field in the playoffs. That's incredibly horrible.

My point was, as great of a player as Bernard King was, the guy never delivered a title to NY, so he should lay off Melo.

“As far as shots go, I am not going to overanalyze that and start putting that under a microscope because the shots I am taking, I know I can make."

He ought to, at least, analyze that. The point isn't that you can't make those shots. It's that you're taking too many low percentage shots. While everyone else stands around and watches. Can make them versus more likely to make them. With his skills, he ought to have evolved to a more efficient style of play. He shouldn't be aiming for a 40 point night. 25, with high efficiency and playmaking should be the game. It's so frustrating to watch — Carmelo holding the ball for 10 seconds, then putting up a very contested shot after just a jab step... while, on the other side, the less-talented player who had been guarding him will get a simple shot just by working within the team scheme...

Melo's going to be my favorite player until he retires. But there's so much that goes into watching him play. Much like watching Ali fight in the early 70s when i was a kid... I just lived and died with all of those fights. They just meant so much...

on most of those teams, he was his team's best shot of pulling off a major upset against a championship caliber team.

some other notable fg% stats so far in this years playoffs:

wade 39% (despite playing w/ LBJ and Bosh)
harden 39%
pierce 37%
deng 38%
ginobili 38%
jr smith 34% (if he were shooting better, melo would likely be shooting less)

durant is just sick...he lost his running mate (westbrook), he's in a cold spell from 3 (28%) and he's still chugging along at 49% (his 2ptfg% is 58%). he's also averaging 9.1 rebs, 6.4 asts, 1.1 blocks, 1.3 steals, 88% ft. he's a lot closer to lebron than melo and the rest of the top 10 players are to him.

He really didnt even criticize him though. I see no reason for him to regret anything, delete anything, or make up a story about who tweeted it. So unnecessary. He said it, it wasn't bad, stand behind it, end of story!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cusethunder

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom