Carmelo named 3rd Team All-NBA | Syracusefan.com

Carmelo named 3rd Team All-NBA

jekelish

Living Legend
Says something about A) how good Dwight is, even when not really motivated, and B) how few good centers there are when he can make first team all league in a year that he kinda mailed in.

For whatever its worth, he still averaged 21-14 on 57% shooting.

Melo on the third team seems generous to him. But he finished strong, so I guess that helped a lot.

Wait, Skip Bayless told me Wade is Batman on Miami..why isn't he first team??

3rd team sounds about right for Melo... who else could you put ahead of him? Joe Johnson types of the world?

Wait, Skip Bayless told me Wade is Batman on Miami..why isn't he first team??

3rd team sounds about right for Melo... who else could you put ahead of him? Joe Johnson types of the world?

Melo shot 43% this year. Assuming this is for this season only there are many guys you could at least discuss; in a regular Melo year, third team sounds right, I agree. Paul Pierce, Joe Johnson, Danny Granger, Rudy Gay, Iggy; all guys who at least had arguments.

Melo was really bad in like the late Jan, Feb period.

The Bulls had the leagues best record and not 1 player named to the All NBA team!

The Bulls had the leagues best record and not 1 player named to the All NBA team!

I guess Rose missed too much time, huh?

That is a testament to Thibs and their depth.

How can you be defensive player of the year and not be first team all defense (Chandler)?

Melo was playing like a first-teamer down the stretch, if not an MVP candidate. So if he was a fifth-teamer the rest of the season, it balances out.

He got off to a really good start as well, and then he got hurt.