Carmelo rolls ankle... | Syracusefan.com

Carmelo rolls ankle...

PeteCalvin

Hall of Fame
Just went to the locker room. He was gritting his teeth pretty good. He stayed in to shoot his free throws and tried one defensive possession. Limped the whole time. Not good. Hopefully he only misses the rest of this game.

The injury happened on a hard foul by Howard. Melo came down awkwardly with his knee and ankle twisting under him.

He rolled his entire left leg. Lucky he didnt blow his knee out.

He rolled his entire left leg. Lucky he didnt blow his knee out.

He may have hurt that too. Although I think his limping was due to the ankle. It twisted pretty good when you watch the replay. It just gave under the weight of his body coming down. I hope it's not his knee.

Rasheed Wallace plays for the Knicks? No stuff.

(Sorry, I usually don't start paying attention to the NBA until after the All Star break...)

(Sorry, I usually don't start paying attention to the NBA until after the All Star break...)

Yep. He came out of retirement when he saw that the youngsters didn't know anything about a post-up game. He thought he could teach them a thing or two. He was right. He's been pretty damn good so far.

sprained ankle doubtful to return

Yep, done for the night--damn shame considering the game he was having (besides the fact it's suddenly a 10 point game now). Melo is the first player since 1995 to score 30 points in 22 or fewer minutes (David Robinson).

That Rasheed Wallace and Jerry Stackhouse are solid NBA contributors this year, shows how fundamentally sound Dean Smith's players were. Those two had great athleticism at one time, but it's long gone now. Most from that draft class(95) are long gone from the NBA too.

UNC still recruits very well like they did back then, but they don't produce nearly as good of pros anymore.

Yep, done for the night--damn shame considering the game he was having (besides the fact it's suddenly a 10 point game now). Melo is the first player since 1995 to score 30 points in 22 or fewer minutes (David Robinson).

Didn't Melo score 33 points in one quarter?

Can't stand Howard, when Melo started that drive I had an uneasy feeling. Both of his injuries this year have come while being aggressive.

Didn't Melo score 33 points in one quarter?

Yes, back in his Denver days (tied Gervin's record). But he played 39 minutes in that game. The 22 minute note earlier was for a full game.

If he comes back within the next 2 weeks from a roll this bad...he is a warrior.

A-DjSjnCMAADBio.jpg:large

If he comes back within the next 2 weeks from a roll this bad...he is a warrior.

one wrong twist or another inch back and that's probably a torn..something. I'm happy he walked off the court. It would've been one of my least favorite moments in sports history if Carmelo Anthony had a season ending injury end what could be an MVP season.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
newmom4503

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom