Carmelo | Syracusefan.com

Carmelo

Melo is now the number 21 all-time scorer in NBA history, having passed Coach Ewing last night.

20. Jerry West 25,192

21. Carmelo Anthony 24,829

22. Patrick Ewing 24,815

When I saw the thread title I thought you would be posting this legendary video from last night (naughty language)...

Fbombogenesis . if i had a nickel for every time i said that after a syracuse game...

That’s gold. The reporter pulling the mic away late and then the look on his face...lol.

One of my all-time favorite stories...

A buddy of mine worked at Best Buy at Carousel Mall in the early 2000s and told me about the following hilarious interaction. Melo came into the store a week or so after we won the national title and was browsing CDs. A little boy saw him and really wanted to say hi, but didn't know what to say. So his mother told him to ask Melo how his back was feeling because he had injured it in the tournament. So the boy walks up and says "Hi Melo! How is your back feeling?" and Melo in his hoodie looks at him and goes "it hurts like a mutha-fuc*a!"

One of my all-time favorite stories...

A buddy of mine worked at Best Buy at Carousel Mall in the early 2000s and told me about the following hilarious interaction. Melo came into the store a week or so after we won the national title and was browsing CDs. A little boy saw him and really wanted to say hi, but didn't know what to say. So his mother told him to ask Melo how his back was feeling because he had injured it in the tournament. So the boy walks up and says "Hi Melo! How is your back feeling?" and Melo in his hoodie looks at him and goes "it hurts like a mutha-fuc*a!"

Reminds me about a story about Bob Lanier at Bonaventure. Great guy but definitely brought up in an environment where the ‘f’ word was a verb, noun, adjective and exclamation in his everyday language. Well it wasn’t a pen but it was a blanking pen, it was a blanking book etc. Every other word was the ‘f’ word making for some very hilarious, embarrassing moments especially in classes at Bonaventure, a small Catholic college. Some priests and friends took him under their wing to help alter his innate ‘language pattern’. An older brother of a high school classmate lived on his floor and was in some of his classes. Many funny, poignant stories about beloved big Bob.

i work in the construction industry where i believe there is a standard 3 curse word minimum per sentence.
when i was younger i shared an apartment house with 2 older widows. i'd try hard to check myself but often got blue.
i was fortunate however that they both cursed and drank like sailors ... god bless their * 'in souls.

Melo is now the number 21 all-time scorer in NBA history, having passed Coach Ewing last night.

20. Jerry West 25,192

21. Carmelo Anthony 24,829

22. Patrick Ewing 24,815

OKC seems to be getting it together too. Hopefully he gets a taste of some real playoff success this year, he has earned it. Last night he, Wes and Jerami on the same floor, the night before it was Ennis too. Well represented out West.

i work in the construction industry where i believe there is a standard 3 curse word minimum per sentence.
when i was younger i shared an apartment house with 2 older widows. i'd try hard to check myself but often got blue.
i was fortunate however that they both cursed and drank like sailors ... god bless their * 'in souls.

Fortunate that you shared your apartment house with the Golden Girls. Wonder which one they got rid of - Rose, Blanche or Dorothy. My guess is Dorothy. :p

Fortunate that you shared your apartment house with the Golden Girls. Wonder which one they got rid of - Rose, Blanche or Dorothy. My guess is Dorothy. :p
well in fact one was named dorothy. she was the church organist. and liked her scotch neat.
regardless i'lll rank that quote right up there after dc's WHOOPTIDAMNDO and 10 #####games.

Last edited:
OKC seems to be getting it together too. Hopefully he gets a taste of some real playoff success this year, he has earned it. Last night he, Wes and Jerami on the same floor, the night before it was Ennis too. Well represented out West.
Except for dumb Charles Barkley that said he’d rather be the Clippers even though OKC beat them in LA. Okc is a dangerous team.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom