Carrier Dome's future | Syracusefan.com

Carrier Dome's future

Zippy1808

2nd String
Not sure what I think of this since I like the way things are, but ESPN New York is reporting on the radio here that an announcement could come in a few weeks that the roof of the Carrier Dome will be temporarily removed this summer and the building will become an open-air stadium for football, basketball and lacrosse. Architects have figured out a plan to store the old roof and will assess with SU after one season of each sport whether to keep the roof permanently or not.

I'm not sure what I think of this for basketball since the court could get moist, but I guess it's worth a shot given all of the talk about building a new pie-in-the-sky stadium.

I expect a Post-Standard article soon.

Not sure what I think of this since I like the way things are, but ESPN New York is reporting on the radio here that an announcement could come in a few weeks that the roof of the Carrier Dome will be temporarily removed this summer and the building will become an open-air stadium for football, basketball and lacrosse. Architects have figured out a plan to store the old roof and will assess with SU after one season of each sport whether to keep the roof permanently or not.

I'm not sure what I think of this for basketball since the court could get moist, but I guess it's worth a shot given all of the talk about building a new pie-in-the-sky stadium.

I expect a Post-Standard article soon.
Ah the first April fools joke of the day. Nice.

If the OP just left it at football, this might have been slightly more believable.

Decent attempt, but I expect better ones later.

Outdoor basketball in winter in Syracuse... come on, you didn't think of that one? At least make it plausible.