Carrier game with SDSU, Syracuse is a go | Syracusefan.com

Carrier game with SDSU, Syracuse is a go

Will this game be televised nationally? From the article, it sounds like Fox Sports San Diego has the TV rights so if you are outside of the viewing area of this channel, is there a sports package that would include it?

Will this game be televised nationally? From the article, it sounds like Fox Sports San Diego has the TV rights so if you are outside of the viewing area of this channel, is there a sports package that would include it?

Direct TV‘s sports package includes FSSD. I get virtually all of the games not carried by ESPN or CBS on the regional stations in this package.

Sounds like ticket sales are doing pretty badly - just got an e-mail from SU offering $150 seats. A far cry from the $1,200 asking price from a couple weeks ago.

Does any one know if we will be wearing camo uniforms like UNC and Michigan State did last year?

Phil McConkey stepped up to the plate??

interesting.

wonder if that was his ship. but maybe he did it just because its the Navy.

i believe hes still NYC based, but i believe his firm does have a San Diego office.

Phil McConkey stepped up to the plate??

interesting.

wonder if that was his ship. but maybe he did it just because its the Navy.

i believe hes still NYC based, but i believe his firm does have a San Diego office.
Were you there in Archbold when Art Monk tore up McConkey's knee covering a punt?

i asked syracuse basketball twitter feed and they said they think the game is going to be on fx but definately nationally

Were you there in Archbold when Art Monk tore up McConkey's knee covering a punt?

Phil did this because he is a huge Navy fan, lives in San Diego (he does still have an office in NYC), has family that lives and dies with 'Cuse hoops, and this is good business for the area and the Naval Academy in general. He had no idea this game was even scheduled, but when he heard about it, and that it was in danger, he helped mobilize assistance and did help save it. Very happy the Post Standard reached out to him.

As for his knee injury at the old stadium, he has mentioned it, but never said it was Monk. Were you there? If you or others have any recollections, he would certainly be interested. I'll check with his dad, he was up there from Buffalo, and definitely remembers it.

Phil did this because he is a huge Navy fan, lives in San Diego (he does still have an office in NYC), has family that lives and dies with 'Cuse hoops, and this is good business for the area and the Naval Academy in general. He had no idea this game was even scheduled, but when he heard about it, and that it was in danger, he helped mobilize assistance and did help save it. Very happy the Post Standard reached out to him.

As for his knee injury at the old stadium, he has mentioned it, but never said it was Monk. Were you there? If you or others have any recollections, he would certainly be interested. I'll check with his dad, he was up there from Buffalo, and definitely remembers it.
good for Phil!! 1 of my All-Time Favorites

the Post Standard reached out to him?? explain how that happened.

i was not at the game, only saw 1 game at Archbold, fla st in 78.

That was the last game played in Archbold, played in front of 26K and change. I was there, but don't recall Phil going down. What did go down was the east goal post, where Tomcat and his band of merry men took one of the uprights and proceeded right out of the stadium and headed east on Euclid. Definitly too much GA for the 'Cat that day.

That was the last game played in Archbold, played in front of 26K and change. I was there, but don't recall Phil going down. What did go down was the east goal post, where Tomcat and his band of merry men took one of the uprights and proceeded right out of the stadium and headed east on Euclid. Definitly too much GA for the 'Cat that day.

It is hard to believe that this alledged incident that I alledgely participated in happened almost 34 years ago. Wow. Anyone know what the statue of limitations is on goalpost vandalism?

I digress. Ginger Ale muscles can, at times, be quite dangerous.

Always drink responsibly my friends!

lemon-grass-ginger-ale.jpg

How Not to Tear Down the Goal Posts

This interactive feature (hit the arrow in the lower right hand corner to get it started) has it all wrong. You can't use wrenches (you rip the metal apart with sheer brute force, aided by large amounts of beer and quality ginger ale).

When you are done, you certainly do not throw the cross bar in the river. What a brown thing to do. For shame Penn, for shame!

good for Phil!! 1 of my All-Time Favorites

the Post Standard reached out to him?? explain how that happened.

i was not at the game, only saw 1 game at Archbold, fla st in 78.

I'm assuming Donna spoke with Jim Morris, then called Phil.

I think there are some seats still available, as SU Athletics has sent me three emails about it (all to the same email address) in the past 24 hours.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
newmom4503

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom