Carter-Williams Ready To Lead Syracuse | Syracusefan.com

Carter-Williams Ready To Lead Syracuse

enjoy you won't see him long. the best all around guard in su history. in five years he'e an olympian. he's smooth

it's all just talk til we see it steady on the court . pure perspeculation.

it's all just talk til we see it steady on the court . pure perspeculation.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1346973524.001451.jpg

I just checked MCW's age and he turns 21 next month. He is 7weeks older than Dion Waiters and at that age he will go pro unless he has a terrible year.

I believe mcw is going to have a break out year ala Sherman in 1987.

enjoy you won't see him long. the best all around guard in su history. in five years he'e an olympian. he's smooth

I will remind you that the last time you made a proclamation of this nature, you posted, "he needs to get stronger, that's all. he has all the game right now. in three or four years, he's twenty five and eight every freaking night".

Any inkling as to whom you were referrring?

I do too and people on this board will be killing JB for not playing him more last year.

I think expectations should be high for MCW but will he shoot it good enough? To me, that's the biggest question.

Will not be surprised to see him burst out as a star this year like so many past Orangemen have between frosh and soph years, now that he'll have a prime opportunity to play an important role. Truth be told I like this team better than last year, they're still easily top 10 material and arguably top 5. I think they'll be hard-pressed to match last year's regular season (just a bit younger, especially in some key spots) but might be better equipped for March (to be fair, last year's team gets an INC in that regard).

I hope you are right, because if so--next year's squad has the potential to be very good...again.

I like this team's potential, but but I don't think we start out rated in the top 5-10. First of all, we're young and not especially deep in either the backcourt or on the frontline. MCW has a huge upside, but when he walks on the court, he'll be going from 10 minutes of cleanup to 30 minutes of prime time. I love his size, court vision and ability to get to the rim. But he's an untested leader and his outside range is unproven. BT... we know what we're getting there. Solid defense, strong slasher that can create off the dribble and hit the open jumper. But Cooney as the sole backup will not be the energizer that Dion was, although he does give us an outside threat. Not sure about his defense, but he's worked hard. Hopefully this trio will grow up fast and overcome the absence of elite depth.

The frontline is similar, lots of potential but lots of inexperience. DC2 is not only big and powerful, he moves well and has a nice all around game -- he'll be as productive a scorer as AO and probably rebound the ball better. Rak .. a project last year, looks jacked and ready to make the jump. I like him as an inside (possibly high/low) compliment (to DC2) and with his athleticism he has potential to be a good off-the-ball shot blocker. Keita gives us depth and experience at center but we have only SF's to back up the PF -- (CJ, JS, Grant) they're plucky but don't have the length or strength required for the position. The only spot we're really loaded at is SF -- there we have two talented guys that each lack what the other brings. JS has the outside stroke CJ needs, and CJ has the drive game JS needs. Hopefully, they can make it work or both get in the rotation at the 3/4 when we go small.

I think we're a top 20 team that could become a top 10 team by season's end if the guys we're expecting to explode ... do.

I like this team's potential, but but I don't think we start out rated in the top 5-10. First of all, we're young and not especially deep in either the backcourt or on the frontline. MCW has a huge upside, but when he walks on the court, he'll be going from 10 minutes of cleanup to 30 minutes of prime time. I love his size, court vision and ability to get to the rim. But he's an untested leader and his outside range is unproven. BT... we know what we're getting there. Solid defense, strong slasher that can create off the dribble and hit the open jumper. But Cooney as the sole backup will not be the energizer that Dion was, although he does give us an outside threat. Not sure about his defense, but he's worked hard. Hopefully this trio will grow up fast and overcome the absence of elite depth.

The frontline is similar, lots of potential but lots of inexperience. DC2 is not only big and powerful, he moves well and has a nice all around game -- he'll be as productive a scorer as AO and probably rebound the ball better. Rak .. a project last year, looks jacked and ready to make the jump. I like him as an inside (possibly high/low) compliment (to DC2) and with his athleticism he has potential to be a good off-the-ball shot blocker. Keita gives us depth and experience at center but we have only SF's to back up the PF -- (CJ, JS, Grant) they're plucky but don't have the length or strength required for the position. The only spot we're really loaded at is SF -- there we have two talented guys that each lack what the other brings. JS has the outside stroke CJ needs, and CJ has the drive game JS needs. Hopefully, they can make it work or both get in the rotation at the 3/4 when we go small.

I think we're a top 20 team that could become a top 10 team by season's end if the guys we're expecting to explode ... do.

You are not comparing our to team to the field. Your comparison is based on last years team or something else. When you look at college basketball we are not young compared to other elite teams and there is no way you can list 10 teams better than ours.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
newmom4503

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom