Case of the Mondays | Syracusefan.com

Case of the Mondays

Orijinal

All Conference
We are getting a double whammy every Monday. First day of work for many and no practice or news to chew.

I'll post a few random thoughts that could be used for discussion:

1) Will any athletic program be able to keep up with the facility upgrades at Alabama?

They just invested a ton of money a few years back, I believe, into their locker room facilities, and now they are investing another $600 million into the program. Already have the highest paid coaches and the best facilities WITHOUT the $600 mil investment. What in the world??

At some point this has to come down to diminishing returns, doesn't it? The program is already landing top 5 recruiting classes and winning national championships. I think their frivolous investments are gonna become all the more sweet to the rest of the nation when the program eventually loses their outright dominance on the football field

2) Rewatched a few games from last season recently. Man, Chris Fredrick is built not only like an ACC corner, but an NFL caliber one. Hoping his performance continues to be sky high. He will be on the opposing team's best wideout every game

3) I think last year we already began to see the physical difference in stature of this team in comparison to years prior. This year sounds like it's going to show even more. Orgeron at LSU said last year that Cuse had 3 guys on defense that could play for them, and I believe him

4) The construction of the Archbold wellness center is going to be a boon to this program. Really look forward to seeing it finished. This is going to be completed within the next year, correct?

1) watch out for Georgia and the Longhorns (assuming they progress this year)

I assume the depth chart will be released this week. Was hoping today.
You mean the disinformation chart? It's the exact same as the preseason chart except Bolinsky listed as the #1 long snapper or Keller.

dino said they would hope to have a real depth chart after the last scrimmage.. whether that means they would release it to joe public who knows.

1) Will any athletic program be able to keep up with the facility upgrades at Alabama?

They just invested a ton of money a few years back, I believe, into their locker room facilities, and now they are investing another $600 million into the program. Already have the highest paid coaches and the best facilities WITHOUT the $600 mil investment. What in the world??

Absolutely shameful. Talk about screwed up priorities. It looks like Alabama is a football team with a college attached rather than the other way around.

I'm actually hoping Miami and Va Tech (barf) have strong years - so as to avoid a Clemson and 13 dwarves narrative.

Texas getting strong again is not helpful. It's good if the Big 12 stays "down".

Absolutely shameful. Talk about screwed up priorities. It looks like Alabama is a football team with a college attached rather than the other way around.
Agree completely. As an alum, I certainly hope SU DOES NOT get into that arms race.

Actually, I am grudgingly complimentary of how Alabama has worked to enhance its national reputation. A number of Arizona kids I know are headed there (or currently attend). They've worked actively to improve all facets of the university - with football prominence being a big driver of course.

I gotta say - when I was 17 in 1986, the prominence of the Carrier Dome, Big East hoops, etc., was meaningful to me when I chose schools. It came down (for me) to USC and Syracuse. At the time, Syracuse was ascendent - athletically and academically.

$600 M seems absurd. But I do think that Alabama GENERALLY is thought of more highly these days as a university than in years past - at least that's the impression I am getting from some parents I know out here in AZ. (My boy will never go to 'Bama though)

You mean the disinformation chart? It's the exact same as the preseason chart except Bolinsky listed as the #1 long snapper or Keller.

what's disinformation about it?

I assume the depth chart will be released this week. Was hoping today.

They might be settled and using the rest of the time to practice as such, but I can’t imagine they’d release it before the end of Sunday’s practice or maybe next Monday morning in advance of Dino’s presser.

maxresdefault.jpg

Agree completely. As an alum, I certainly hope SU DOES NOT get into that arms race.
As an alum, I hope they stay competitive. The reason Syracuse has fallen on hard times is because of the fact that they have done little or next to nothing regarding facilities. They have more of a band aid approach instead of fixing the problem and being a trend setter.

I’m proud to not keep up with that

As an alum, I hope they stay competitive. The reason Syracuse has fallen on hard times is because of the fact that they have done little or next to nothing regarding facilities. They have more of a band aid approach instead of fixing the problem and being a trend setter.

I think that’s a little overblown. They needed to keep up. But I think more harm was done by ill-timed bad hires and not getting invited to the ACC first go around

what's disinformation about it?
I'm just putting less and less stock into it and think it's the staff trying to throw the hounds off the scent more than anything else. The dots just aren't lining up for me. I think what we see on the 31st will be the only chance we get to glean the info we've been wanting, which is 'how do we look?'

Actually, I am grudgingly complimentary of how Alabama has worked to enhance its national reputation. A number of Arizona kids I know are headed there (or currently attend). They've worked actively to improve all facets of the university - with football prominence being a big driver of course.

I gotta say - when I was 17 in 1986, the prominence of the Carrier Dome, Big East hoops, etc., was meaningful to me when I chose schools. It came down (for me) to USC and Syracuse. At the time, Syracuse was ascendent - athletically and academically.

$600 M seems absurd. But I do think that Alabama GENERALLY is thought of more highly these days as a university than in years past -

I know a lot of kids choose to go to a school based on athletic reputation. Not wise by any sense of the imagination, and to me makes absolutely no sense, but kids do it all the time.

No judgment on you here at all. Have been shocked to hear about high school seniors considering where to get a college degree based on how well the football or basketball team is doing

I'm just putting less and less stock into it and think it's the staff trying to throw the hounds off the scent more than anything else. The dots just aren't lining up for me. I think what we see on the 31st will be the only chance we get to glean the info we've been wanting, which is 'how do we look?'

Well we'll know for sure when we see who runs out onto the field, but they'll release for the media guide before the 31st. I think Babers has been pretty true to the depth chart, I've not seen any disinformation with it. Maybe an extra guy or two but nothing big and don't they have to release injury reports now?

The pre-summer chart was very different from the pre-spring chart and there's some very interesting position battles happening right now and kids getting after it. WR, LB and Secondary could be all over the place. I'm also interested to see if any true freshman worked their way into the 2 deep. I think 1 is a given, will there be a surprise or 2 is the question.

Well we'll know for sure when we see who runs out onto the field, but they'll release for the media guide before the 31st. I think Babers has been pretty true to the depth chart, I've not seen any disinformation with it. Maybe an extra guy or two but nothing big and don't they have to release injury reports now?

The pre-summer chart was very different from the pre-spring chart and there's some very interesting position battles happening right now and kids getting after it. WR, LB and Secondary could be all over the place. I'm also interested to see if any true freshman worked their way into the 2 deep. I think 1 is a given, will there be a surprise or 2 is the question.
I agree, there are alot of questions.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom