Cashman might clean house after the season. | Syracusefan.com

Cashman might clean house after the season.

CaliCuse

All American
ivEven possibly suggesting to Jeter to call it a HOF career according to some reports. I think Mr inconsistency AKA Nova will be on the block.Its time that new blood good,bad or too young be infused into the roster. The call is coming from everyone including the fans.A Dailey News article suggested that next year is looking bleak already considering the players entering FREE AGENCY and age deterioration like Tex. Soriano is going to be forty very soon. There is no third base candidate yet to provide the requirements at that corner.

I wouldn't be tremendously upset if he did. I sorta think that it's got to be in the back of Jeter's mind that maybe his body can't come back from all these injuries. I'm old enough to remember when all the players "got old all at once" in 1965. It wasn't pretty; I don't want to see that again. The craziest thing IMO, though, is even with all the injuries, turmoil, and joy on the part of the haters, the Yankees are still over .500, someplace a heck of a lot of people wish they were.

Will Cashman's house cleaning involve finding a new place for himself?

Frankly my sense is the sons don't care as much about winning as the old man.

I wouldn't be tremendously upset if he did. I sorta think that it's got to be in the back of Jeter's mind that maybe his body can't come back from all these injuries. I'm old enough to remember when all the players "got old all at once" in 1965. It wasn't pretty; I don't want to see that again. The craziest thing IMO, though, is even with all the injuries, turmoil, and joy on the part of the haters, the Yankees are still over .500, someplace a heck of a lot of people wish they were.
I don't see how Cashman can avoid a blood bath. Those guys aren't going to get younger.Granderson might walk if the Yankees offer the standard "qualifying offer to insure some ROI. If he sign with another teamAndy will in all probability just retire for good. If I was Cashman I would put the "QO " on the table just incase some Texas team lures him out.As far as Cano is concerned, I think the Yanks are going have to pay more than they want but not for a long term. I doubt that Cashman is that dumb to repeat that mistake again.That $189 million limit might have to wait a bit unless the next season is already trashed. If that happens the attendance will fall like a pigeon hit by a Dave Winfield throw.The farm system has no future legends at this time unless one of the last draft guys really jacks the off season stats. A guy like Justice. If the bigb kid starts jacking the ball at at a huge rate,he might see the stadium early, but not until that happens
Will Cashman's house cleaning involve finding a new place for himself?
It might considering the mess the team is in.A lot of that credit goes to the two dilettantes AKA Steinbrenner idiots.Not willing to make the necessary changesaccording to age and or performance
Frankly my sense is the sons don't care as much about winning as the old man.
That could not be more true.:cool: