Cavs rookie Dion Waiters shooting better, but his defensive issues get Byron Scott’s attention | Syracusefan.com

Cavs rookie Dion Waiters shooting better, but his defensive issues get Byron Scott’s attention

His defense is bad but Kyrie's is worse. Scott probably can't afford to sit Irving for long.

There are many good NBA players who run a 4.2 40 on the offensive break...and a 9.5 40 back on transition defense. Carmelo was this guy for 9 years, he's finally busting it on both ends. Dion will learn too...

There are many good NBA players who run a 4.2 40 on the offensive break...and a 9.5 40 back on transition defense. Carmelo was this guy for 9 years, he's finally busting it on both ends. Dion will learn too...

He will. I never thought Dion was lazy his soph season. I think this is a result of transitioning to and understanding M2M concepts and committing to it 100% All players get caught once in awhile loafing back. He'll be fine.

Kyrie is way, way worse compared to Dion. Statistically, if I remember, last in the league in defense.

I can't imagine getting used to playing 40 mins in LA one night...flying to Denver..and then doing it again the next night...against a team with fresh legs. The NBA schedule is no joke. I see why most guys just don't cut it. It's work.

Yeah, Irving is without a doubt worse than Waiters defensively, but he makes up for it by being one of the best offensive PGs in the league. Waiters isn't really making up for it right now. His scoring comes and goes, and when he isn't scoring, he's been hurting the team. Doesn't rebound, doesn't pick up assists, doesn't play defense.

He'll turn it around at some point though, but for now, you can't blame Scott for benching Waiters when he isn't bringing much to the team and isn't really even making an effort defensively.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
newmom4503

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom