Class of 2018 - CB/RB Cory Gross Jr. (NY) Verbal to Buffalo | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2018 CB/RB Cory Gross Jr. (NY) Verbal to Buffalo

He is up to 6’2 205 pounds now.

All MAC academic. Earned a starting job at strong safety halfway through his soph season. Averaged about 8 tackles a game as a starter.

Has 3 years of eligibility left. There is a lot to like about this guy.

That's seems strange that they used his high school height/weight and picture in that Twitter announcement.
He's been a solid contributor for two seasons.

Take for me but might not be in his best interest to enter the battle for safety spots we have going on. Don't win it and sitting through the rest of eligibility with how young everyone is.

Take for me but might not be in his best interest to enter the battle for safety spots we have going on. Don't win it and sitting through the rest of eligibility with how young everyone is.
We have some good players but I wouldn't say we are well stocked at safety.

Remember, we have 3 starting safeties. Not sure which position Cory would be best suited for, if any.

money3189, do you think there might be a fit here?

We have some good players but I wouldn't say we are well stocked at safety.

Remember, we have 3 starting safeties. Not sure which position Cory would be best suited for, if any.

money3189, do you think there might be a fit here?
Super tough decision. Can bet on himself and go battle for a possible long term starting job at a P5 and may/may not become a starter. Or could go find a good fit in G5 where the odds of starting are higher.

I agree we don't really have locked in proven starters at this point but there are so many bodies and almost all are super young and already gained experience during last years debacle. Would be pretty risky if you only have 1 free shot at transferring. From what I've been able to gather it appears that Carter is a definite starter at Boundary, Hanna/Coley battling for Rover. That still leaves Greenwood, Cole?, Barron, Folk and then Williams transferring in for the FS spot.

Super tough decision. Can bet on himself and go battle for a possible long term starting job at a P5 and may/may not become a starter. Or could go find a good fit in G5 where the odds of starting are higher.

I agree we don't really have locked in proven starters at this point but there are so many bodies and almost all are super young and already gained experience during last years debacle. Would be pretty risky if you only have 1 free shot at transferring. From what I've been able to gather it appears that Carter is a definite starter at Boundary, Hanna/Coley battling for Rover. That still leaves Greenwood, Cole?, Barron, Folk and then Williams transferring in for the FS spot.

Have to believe that transfer [who's father is a former NFL DB / current NFL DB coach] is going to start, right?

Have to believe that transfer [who's father is a former NFL DB / current NFL DB coach] is going to start, right?
Hard to say with him coming in post-spring but you'd have to think he's going to be given an extremely fair chance or else he wouldn't have signed up.

Just talked to him. He is looking for another school in case he doesn’t like the new staff. At the same time he wants to see which schools reaches out. He has 3 years of eligibility left. They are all upset of how it went down. They found out on social media. Leipold then sets up a zoom meeting to tell them. No other staff member was in the meeting. They all packed their stuff up on a Friday and left. He is not aware of the new candidates. He talked to the AD. He will still keep his scholarship if he decides to stay. AD understands how the players feel.

At his size And production I like him as an addition. Unfortunately our safeties are going to likely continue to be victims of attrition so long as our DLine can’t effectively challenge outside runs. Our safeties get banged up often.

That's seems strange that they used his high school height/weight and picture in that Twitter announcement.
He's been a solid contributor for two seasons.
That's standard for that site. Always uses their own database, it's Rivals, which is from HS.