CBB Tripleheader in Toronto in November | Syracusefan.com

CBB Tripleheader in Toronto in November

Washington, huh?

Alright Hop. Pre-existing relationships with northeastern recruits from your Cuse days gotta be running low. Gonna need you to start staying on the other side of the Mississippi real soon. Thanks.

Washington, huh?

Alright Hop. Pre-existing relationships with northeastern recruits from your Cuse days gotta be running low. Gonna need you to start staying on the other side of the Mississippi real soon. Thanks.
Good move by Mike to get into this. With the 20 game ACC schedule, the B1G challenge and the need to play in NYC and play one old BE rival, there isn’t a lot of wriggle room to fit this in too. But it looks Iike it is just one game. Hope we play in it the following year and Quincy is around to enjoy it.

featuring Tenn/Washington, Buffalo/Harvard and Bona/Rutgers.

Vols-Huskies to highlight Naismith tripleheader

Would've been nice for us to have gotten in on this, to reinforce recruiting relationships in Southern Ontario.

It would be a great event to attend if Syracuse were scheduled could to play Rutgers. I would love to attend a Game where I could cheer for Mike & Syracuse.

Washington, huh?

I am not sure though if Toronto kids have a natural area where they play.. they tend to go all over the country. So while they are close to the Northeast they tend to disburse more than a US Northeast Kid.

Iowa St has done great with Canadian players since 2010 (Shayok, Long, Wigginton, Ejim)/ Oregon has done well with kids from Toronto. UNLV and Texas also had some good relationships in Toronto in the late 2000's. Now it seems to be more spread. New Mexico St does great at getting the mid-level prospects and seems to have almost have 3-5 Canadians on their roster every year.

It would be a great event to attend if Syracuse were scheduled could to play Rutgers. I would love to attend a Game where I could cheer for Mike & Syracuse.
I would love to go to an SU basketball game in Toronto some day. If the organizers of the tournament are concerned with attendance, Syracuse will draw far more people than the teams picked for year one. I hope it succeeds long enough for Syracuse to be invited (and I hope we can accept if invited).

Good move by Mike to get into this. With the 20 game ACC schedule, the B1G challenge and the need to play in NYC and play one old BE rival, there isn’t a lot of wriggle room to fit this in too. But it looks Iike it is just one game. Hope we play in it the following year and Quincy is around to enjoy it.
Syracuse is actually closer than Toronto to Quincy's hometown of Montreal. But I agree, i would love to see SU play a yearly game in Toronto based on all of the high end recruits in Canada now and I'm guessing Ontario has a decent amount of SU basketball fans. It's amazing what Raptors basketball has done for the development and interest in basketball to the north.

I would love to go to an SU basketball game in Toronto some day. If the organizers of the tournament are concerned with attendance, Syracuse will draw far more people than the teams picked for year one. I hope it succeeds long enough for Syracuse to be invited (and I hope we can accept if invited).
Would love to see the Orange play in Toronto. For me it's 165 miles west on Highway 401 and I'm there. Saw them play Carleton in Ottawa which is only 100 miles.

Would love to see the Orange play in Toronto. For me it's 165 miles west on Highway 401 and I'm there. Saw them play Carleton in Ottawa which is only 100 miles.

Based on those numbers you must live close to Kingston?

Converting to miles for us, what a gentleman!

wonder if this somehow would be restricted due to being international. we already have an international trip scheduled. ncaa allows only one every four years. if the one game could be considered international trip, cuse could be barred. if so, rather have team go to Italy then Toronto, no offense Canada.

This would have been perfect...hop on Via Rail and see a game. Might still go - could be fun booing Rutgers in Canada.