CBS Doubles Amount of ACC BB Games in 2013-14 | Syracusefan.com

CBS Doubles Amount of ACC BB Games in 2013-14

No mention of the Big East in that release. As best I can determine, the BE - CBS contract ends in 2012-13. It called for a minimum of 14 appearances per season by Big East schools. I think they got dropped.

Probably not part of this release since this was about content CBS didn't have access to. Still, makes me think that the BE might be going NBC/Comcast way. Or at least, CBS is anticipating that contingency.

Cheers,
Neil

NBC's sports network is going to be a big player in this. They're really going to want programming for that channel come fall time. It's better to have BE games that could be competitive than some crap programming (though it is hard to distinguish between the two).

NBC's sports network is going to be a big player in this. They're really going to want programming for that channel come fall time. It's better to have BE games that could be competitive than some crap programming (though it is hard to distinguish between the two).

Yeah, but if ESPN say "well NBC we're not going to get into a bidding war. Take 'em", what leverage would the BE have? Walk away from the table?

The comment from CBS that I read mentioned the BE. It was something like now that they have the ACC, they will have programming covering all the major conferences. That doesn't sound like the BE will be dropped completely.

Will CBS do its usual regional broadcast, only showing games in the home team regions, or will they stagger the start times and show each game nationwide? The latter would require a new CBS sports channel.
Will ESPN still do live game streaming?