CBS makes terrible top 101 tourney game list | Syracusefan.com

CBS makes terrible top 101 tourney game list

I had no issues with the list. I guess they could have ranked the 101 games, but I did like that they went down year by year, instead of scattering.

Read them / scanned them for the first 5 years when I did not follow college ball for the most part.. No more time after that, but may check later

They had three Cuse games, none from 2003 and not the 16 Uva game. Yeah I'm biased. #SORRYNOTSORRY.

I only got thru the first 5 years... did not realize they did not have the 2003 title game.

I only got thru the first 5 years... did not realize they did not have the 2003 title game.

i think that game is largely remembered as a blow out because we were so dominant for the first 15 minutes.

i think that game is largely remembered as a blow out because we were so dominant for the first 15 minutes.
Yeah. Not much drama until the last few seconds.

Lots of missed FTs detracts also.

If Syracuse’s 1996 Sweet 16 OT victory over Georgia isn’t on there, the list is garbage. Same if they don’t have the 2016 comeback versus Virginia. That was historic.

Well, half garbage.

Yeah. Not much drama until the last few seconds.

Lots of missed FTs detracts also.

I thought there was a lot of drama in the second half. KU came nearly all the way back (to within 3 I think) in the first five minutes and we had to hold them off the rest of the game.

I think the 2003 title game was left off because - other than the block - the second half was unwatchable. And I think the UVA game was left off because almost 3/4s of that game was unwatchable.

Well said. I think the 03 title game was better than your average championship. But there were at least a dozen title games better than it since the field expanded to 64.

And the UVA game wasn’t really in doubt the last 2 mins or so. As great a comeback as it was it wasn’t a particularly great finish.

Well said. I think the 03 title game was better than your average championship. But there were at least a dozen title games better than it since the field expanded to 64.

And the UVA game wasn’t really in doubt the last 2 mins or so. As great a comeback as it was it wasn’t a particularly great finish.

It was a two point game with 26 seconds left and Virginia missed a three to tie the game 14 seconds to go.

To be fair the only 03 game that was memorable was the the title game. Auburn was the closest in margin. And that was the most misleading 1 point game in the history of basketball.

The Texas game was an entertaining game played at a high level by both teams. But no drama at the end, so it wouldn’t make this I guess.

To be fair the only 03 game that was memorable was the the title game. Auburn was the closest in margin. And that was the most misleading 1 point game in the history of basketball.
I thought Oklahoma St. was memorable. Wasn't that the one with the big comeback when we went to the press and McNeil was blocking everything.

It was an amazing comeback. But we wound up winning by double digits. From a great game standpoint it wasn't that great of a college bball.game.