CBS Sports Big East Power Rankings | Syracusefan.com

CBS Sports Big East Power Rankings

The best 3-4 team in the country.

We are getting closer. It's just a matter of cutting down on mistakes. If we can keep playing like we did on Friday night, we can make a bowl game. But there is no room for error remaining. We have to beat USF, Temple and Missouri to get to a bowl.

We'll be underdogs against Louisville and Cinci, but I think we can pick off one of them.

Geez, look at those records. A good team, a paper tiger, and then lots of dreck (yes, we lost to Minnesota - that means dreck).

If we can beat USF and Cinci on the road I think there is a better than even chance of us beating Louisville at home. If we win the next two games the dome better be sold out.

Wow, someone who looked at the whole body of work and not just overall record

Time to be road warriors like 2010. That's the key at this point. Road games in college football are tricky, especially for teams who have been prone to mistakes. Those who can run the ball have a much better chance, so it's great to see Smith continue to improve in this offense.

4 of 5 on the road. Need to win at least 2 if we can have another put it all together game against Louisville (even then the offense we are facing is night and day different from UConn). Very possible that we need to win 3 of those 4 road games.

Wow, someone who looked at the whole body of work and not just overall record

If anyone really watched every game and who was played and how wins came about, there is no doubt it would go

1. Lville
2. SU/Cincy
3. rutgirls

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

It really sucks that we've thrown away so many games. Aside from USC who we played tough, had the ball down one score, going into the 4th Q, we've been the better team in every game and have beaten ourselves by our own mistakes. NW/Minn/RU should all be in the W column and we could very well have been looking at a monster year. Woulda, coulda, shoulda, we can still salvage the season by finishing strong. If we beat USF then I see us making a bowl game. They have to prove they can put back to back games together and put the mistakes behind them, if they do, I think they come out of Florida with the confidence they need to do some damage.

Outside of us winning the BE, I really, really, really want Lville to go 6-1 (only loss vs us of course) and win the BE Title. If Rutgers somehow goes undefeated and wins the BE because we laid a massive egg in Jersey, I'm going to be really pissed.

I like the optimism, and feel better after Friday. I just wonder how much UConn contributed to that. I mean that team is awful. Their QB was a joke who posed no threat at all.

We've got 3 winnable games left, and 3 that will be tough. If we can repeat the UConn performance, we will win the 3 winnables, and maybe get 1 or 2 of the tougher ones.

If we go back to making mistakes, we will lose the 3 tough ones, and 1 or 2 of the easier ones.

I hope you're all right, looking forward to seeing how we do Saturday.

Well, I like the sentiment in this post. It is certainly much better than the poo-pooing that went on after we lost to Rugters. Rutgers isn't exactly in the dumpsters as some posters seem to think they are. And we DID give away games with poor execution, i.e, mistakes. No doubt in my mind that we coulda, shoulda, woulda won some of the games we lost, but although some will speak to the lack of coaching or talent for those mishaps, I see this as a HUGE positive compared to the previous regime where we just plain sucked.

I look forward to correcting the self-inflicted losses and moving ahead.

Go ORANGE!!!!!!

The best 3-4 team in the country.

I would disagree. Tennessee is 3-4 with get this losses to the number 1,2,10,11 teams in the country! Those who say Syracuse has had a tough schedule it's not even close!

If anyone really watched every game and who was played and how wins came about, there is no doubt it would go

1. Lville
2. SU/Cincy
3. rutgirls

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

Bees, I have to respectfully disagree. Rutgers would be 5th behind Pitt, Pitt has played real teams, 'nuff said.

I like the optimism, and feel better after Friday. I just wonder how much UConn contributed to that. I mean that team is awful. Their QB was a joke who posed no threat at all.

We've got 3 winnable games left, and 3 that will be tough. If we can repeat the UConn performance, we will win the 3 winnables, and maybe get 1 or 2 of the tougher ones.

If we go back to making mistakes, we will lose the 3 tough ones, and 1 or 2 of the easier ones.

I hope you're all right, looking forward to seeing how we do Saturday.

Willie Mays made a great catch when he was a rookie and ran to the bench and sat next to Leo Durocher, expecting Leo to say something good about the catch. He said nothing. Finally, Willie asked him if he saw the catch. Leo said , "No, you'll just have to do it again."

That's the way I feel about SU. Will they do it again or whill they have another Minnesota/Rutgers type game? If they do it agian, i'll begin to get a little excited about what might happen next.

I would disagree. Tennessee is 3-4 with get this losses to the number 1,2,10,11 teams in the country! Those who say Syracuse has had a tough schedule it's not even close!

SU has had a challenging OOC schedule. No one is going to suggest the BE is a gauntlet.