CBSSports.com "Bracketology" | Syracusefan.com

CBSSports.com "Bracketology"

For now. :)

yeah not writing it off, just saying. We're going to need to move ahead of Gtown over the next few weeks.
Guess the good news is we can't lose the East Region to them.

If we had beat Georgetown we could have been the last #1.

Right now the difference between a few of the #1 seeds and a few of the 3 seed is so small.

I was not surprised by New Mexico as one of the last three's. But it is surprising to see them move ahead of Miami, Florida and Kansas, and into the two line.

It's all so close. A 2-0 week, would spring us forward to the bottom one seed discussion again. Not so confident in our abilities to do that, but merely stating what would happen if we did.

Just want to say I can't wait to pick against New Mexico in the second round

Not to say that Palm is wrong by any means -- but he is an outlier of sorts right now.

There have been 30 brackets submitted today on the matrix. Just to show you how much variance there is on the bottom two one seeds right now.

Teams with one seeds are:

Indiana - 30
Duke - 28
Miami - 18 (Palm is the only one giving them a 3)
Florida - 11 (Palm is the only one giving them a 3)
Gonzaga - 14
Michigan - 7 (Palm is one of those giving a one)
Michigan St - 1
Kansas - 11

New Mexico is still pretty much a 3. 3 people have them as a 2, and a handful as a 4.

If we had beat Georgetown we could have been the last #1.

Right now the difference between a few of the #1 seeds and a few of the 3 seed is so small.

I was not surprised by New Mexico as one of the last three's. But it is surprising to see them move ahead of Miami, Florida and Kansas, and into the two line.

It's all so close. A 2-0 week, would spring us forward to the bottom one seed discussion again. Not so confident in our abilities to do that, but merely stating what would happen if we did.

egh, i dont think so, we need to run the table to have any chance at a 1

St. Louis up to a 4.

Palm is the only one out of 30 who has them as a 4.

I won't say they have no chance at a 3 like I said last week (and you disagreed). I have been a supporter for New Mexico at the 3 line for a while, so I did re-think whether I was too harsh on St Louis. The conference strength is what really separates the two and gives New Mexico a big advantage, and little shot for St Louis to achieve the same.

egh, i dont think so, we need to run the table to have any chance at a 1

Look at the teams from the power conferences that are getting #1 attention right now - Miami, Florida, Kansas. and Michigan, The margin is not huge. Georgetown moved from a 4 to a 2 seed on one victory alone.

Everybody counted out Kansas on February 9 (after three losses to Oklahoma St, TCU, and Oklahoma). With four wins (only two of quality) at Ok St, and at home vs Kansas St, they are right back in the one seed discussion.

You have to expect teams to lose in front of us. If you expect them to win out, then sure we are not making as big gains, but that is not what is happening this year,

The bigger doubt is our ability to go 2-0 -and our play the last bit, makes it hard to fathom a #1 as possibility. And the last thing we are worried about as a fanbase is a 1 seed at this point. We just want SU to play well.

I think you might both be right; 2-0 could get us back in the discussion, but we still might need another 2-0 week after that.

We need to at least share the BE title to get a 1 seed, I'm thinking. Say we win the next 3 to get to 13-4, but then lose the last one to Gtown. If Georgetown loses to both UConn and Nova, then we would finish at 13-5 with them, but they probably get one of those games, meaning we don't have a piece of the BE title. At that point we'd probably need to win the tournament to jump Gtown for a 1.

I think you might both be right; 2-0 could get us back in the discussion, but we still might need another 2-0 week after that.

We need to at least share the BE title to get a 1 seed, I'm thinking. Say we win the next 3 to get to 13-4, but then lose the last one to Gtown. If Georgetown loses to both UConn and Nova, then we would finish at 13-5 with them, but they probably get one of those games, meaning we don't have a piece of the BE title. At that point we'd probably need to win the tournament to jump Gtown for a 1.

You are correct. A 2-0 week would almost certainly not get us on the one line. But it would put us in a position as one of the top chasers again on the 2 line. And I consider a top chaser as being in the #1 discussion. So possibly its semantics.

You are correct. A 2-0 week would almost certainly not get us on the one line. But it would put us in a position as one of the top chasers again on the 2 line. And I consider a top chaser as being in the #1 discussion. So possibly its semantics.

Yeah I hear you, I think both of you guys were right. 2-0 puts us in the discussion, but we'd need another 2-0 to make it work

Palm is the only one out of 30 who has them as a 4.

I won't say they have no chance at a 3 like I said last week (and you disagreed). I have been a supporter for New Mexico at the 3 line for a while, so I did re-think whether I was too harsh on St Louis. The conference strength is what really separates the two and gives New Mexico a big advantage, and little shot for St Louis to achieve the same.

Top to bottom, the MWC is clearly a better league. But when you look at the tourney-caliber teams (say top-100 RPI), the OOC wins for the A-10 are more impressive.

A-10 scalps include Indiana, Gonzaga, Syracuse, New Mexico, ND, Marquette, UNC, Memphis, Belmont, Villanova * 2

MWC's include UCONN, Cincy, Iowa State, Cal, UCLA, Creighton, Colorado

I think the committee realizes that the best of the A-10 can play with anyone, and the inclusion of VCU and Butler will likely help the perception as well.

Last time I looked, 'Cuse has games left agains Marquette, Louisville, and Georgetown..win them all and win the Be...and don't worry about seeding...it will take care of itself...calm down everyone. If nothing else 'Cuse will really be battle ready for the NCAA's after those three regular season games and the BE tournament...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom