CC has sore elbow per Dailey News and Yankee site | Syracusefan.com

CC has sore elbow per Dailey News and Yankee site

CaliCuse

All American
Will miss next start at least. Probably more. i've been saying the Yankees were putting way too many innings in this man's arm.:p

Will miss next start at least. Probably more. i've been saying the Yankees were putting way too many innings in this man's arm.:p
Please. The guy has been a horse throughout his career. He's experiencing some tightness in his elbow and the Yankees are being cautious with him, as they should be, and putting him on the DL because he is critical to their post season chances. He does throw a lot of innings but really no more than most durable aces, and Girardi certainly doesn't use him like Leyland uses Verlander.

100+ p
Please. The guy has been a horse throughout his career. He's experiencing some tightness in his elbow and the Yankees are being cautious with him, as they should be, and putting him on the DL because he is critical to their post season chances. He does throw a lot of innings but really no more than most durable aces, and Girardi certainly doesn't use him like Leyland uses Verlander.
itches per game is a lot of hard throwing even for a big guy like CC. The proof is two fold. Last year he started to fade in late August through the playoffs. This year a "sore" elbow. Other organizations Detroit might need to blow their wad on their best pitcher but the Yanks shouldn't come close to doing that. Let Phelps take a couple starts in there or another prospect who deserves a chance. This year the Yanks don't have much in the farm with young pitchers, agreed!Betances is flopping and Banuelos is hurt and out until 2013.:bang:

100+ p
itches per game is a lot of hard throwing even for a big guy like CC. The proof is two fold. Last year he started to fade in late August through the playoffs. This year a "sore" elbow. Other organizations Detroit might need to blow their wad on their best pitcher but the Yanks shouldn't come close to doing that. Let Phelps take a couple starts in there or another prospect who deserves a chance. This year the Yanks don't have much in the farm with young pitchers, agreed!Betances is flopping and Banuelos is hurt and out until 2013.:bang:

I'm perfectly comfortable with Phelps starting. Barring further injuries, they have enough starting pitching to get through and win the division without having to dip into the farm system. But getting Sabathia healthy and pitching well for the post season is critical. Kuroda and Hughes have been very solid for several months and I would be content with them joining Sabathia to anchor the post season rotation. Hopefully the "good" Nova we saw today continues to show up and he can pitch his way into the post season starting mix as well. If Pettitte makes it back it would be a bonus, but I'm not counting on that.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom