CC to 15 Day DL with groin strain | Syracusefan.com

CC to 15 Day DL with groin strain

I want Cali to talk me down from the ledge.

Looks like he will only miss two starts. The Yankees are being extra careful with their huge investment.

Pettitte just removed from game in 5th inning after being hit on or near ankle by comebacker.

Adam Warren will start Friday; Freddy Garcia starting on Monday.

Ryota Igarashi to take Garcia's spot in the bullpen.

Looks like we can all join Cali on the ledge now. :eek:

Paging GM Cali, you have some roster moves to make.

Heard Cole Hamels for whatever is in the farm the Phillies want. 5 month rental with no intention to re-sign. Can't imagine Pettitte will pitch again this year if ever. Igarashi? Are you kidding?

Can't imagine Pettitte will pitch again this year if ever. Igarashi? Are you kidding?
Pettitte is supposed to be out two months at the most; worst case it will be September.

Igarashi will be the last guy in the bullpen. It's not exactly the end of the world.

Pettitte is supposed to be out two months at the most; worst case it will be September.

Igarashi will be the last guy in the bullpen. It's not exactly the end of the world.

September, then rehab starts etc. May be a factor in the playoffs, maybe not. I realize Igarashi is last man. But with the Cory Wade ship sailing into the sunset, watch and see how that last man ends up pitching some crucial innings. And I'm not convinced that CC will only miss 2 starts. At his size, groin injuries do not heal quickly. Time for ARod to step up and earn his keep.

I was under the impression that the two months include rahab time; i.e., he will be back with the team and pitching in two months.

Yeah, you might be right on that. Here's hoping. I think he's the difference maker in the post season for them. One thing for sure, he will be well rested, which was something of a concern before the injury since he didn't pitch last year.

I hope Warren enjoyed his cup of coffee. :(

DJ Mitchell ... come on down. You're the next contestant on "Who wants to be a pitcher?"

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom