Celebrities for Syracuse (fun!) | Syracusefan.com

Celebrities for Syracuse (fun!)

And then there's Kentucky
upload_2018-3-23_18-12-25.png

Celebrities cheering for Syracuse basketball in NCAA Tournament (photos)

I wonder if Ellen knows that MCW and his step-dad used to watch her religiously? Don’t know if they still do.

We are getting such good buzz from being in the Sweet 16 and the way we did it! It’s nothing but sunshine for us, and god knows we need sunshine!

I heard her say it. She based it on mascots since she admitted knowing nothing about basketball nor the teams. She said that she would never pick a devil and that Syracuse’s orange being a citrus had to be good for you. What was nice was the huge cheer she got from the audience when she chose Syracuse. She laughed and was surprised with all the cheers for SU and her choice to win.

PERRY COX!

tenor.gif

John C. McGinley
"Scrubs" actor John C. McGinley only went to SU's Newhouse School for one year in the '80s, but he's still a die-hard Orange fan. He played Sgt. O'Neill in Oliver Stone's Oscar-winning 1986 film "Platoon," but skipped the ceremony to watch Syracuse play.

"The Academy Awards used to be on the same night as the NCAA championships, and [in 1987] Syracuse played Indiana," McGinley said in 2013. "Since I went to Syracuse, I didn't go out to the Academy Awards. I chose to stay to home with a bunch of other broke New York actors... We flicked back and forth between the Syracuse game and Oliver, for the four awards the film would win. So was it validating? Sure. But not enough to want to miss the Syracuse game."