Celts acquire Lee: Good news for KJ?? | Syracusefan.com

Celts acquire Lee: Good news for KJ??

FreakTalksAboutSU

All American
The Celtics, who are having a tremendous offseason, have acquired Courtney Lee in a sign and trade for JaJuan Johnson, Etwan Moore, Sean Williams, and a draft pick.

Gotta think this is good news for KJ as it clears roster space, and Moore was one of he guys people we're saying could potentially squeeze KJ out of a spot.

ray who?

Man, JB wouldn't know talent if it kicked him in the face. JB tells Sean Williams to transfer, now he's in the NBA :p

Ughhh, I absolutely love Boston's offseason. What is there starting lineup going to look like? They have 3 shooting guards while the Knicks have 1.

Yeah, Lee is a solid player. I was saying before i thought the Knicks could finish ahead of Boston; with Lin gone and Boston adding another solid player, that doesn't seem too likely

Yeah, Lee is a solid player. I was saying before i thought the Knicks could finish ahead of Boston; with Lin gone and Boston adding another solid player, that doesn't seem too likely
They can only play one of Avery Bradley/Courney Lee/Jason Terry at a time though right? I dont think any of those guys are big enough to play the 3, and they dont have handle to play the pg position. Correct me if im wrong.

They can only play one of Avery Bradley/Courney Lee/Jason Terry at a time though right? I dont think any of those guys are big enough to play the 3, and they dont have handle to play the pg position. Correct me if im wrong.

That's a good question. I would think Lee could play some 3 if they went with a downsized lineup? Did Bradley play any at the 1 last year? Rondo is obviously going to play the bulk of the minutes; I wonder how a Terry/Bradley backcourt would work.

That's a good question. I would think Lee could play some 3 if they went with a downsized lineup? Did Bradley play any at the 1 last year? Rondo is obviously going to play the bulk of the minutes; I wonder how a Terry/Bradley backcourt would work.
Yea but they cant throw that lineup at too many teams. Is Lee going to guard Melo/Lebron/Gerald Wallace? Those are some big small forwards in the East. I would imagine one of them is going to backup Rondo at points, thats the only thing that makes sense to me.

Not necessarily. I'm guessing that Terry--as a combo--will be the primary backup to Rondo [he could also play alongside him, as well], replacing Keyon Dooling. Bradley is somewhat of a combo too. The only true point in that four player rotation is Rondo, so it isn't difficult to envision any combination of those four playing in tandem.

Yeah I know Terry played the point more as he was younger; I don't remember him playing too much of the 1 recently. And Bradley was a 1 in college as well, I believe. Neither guy is a "true" point guard I don't think, but I think if you played them together, at least in spurts, you'd probably have enough ball handling on the court to make it work.

Yea but they cant throw that lineup at too many teams. Is Lee going to guard Melo/Lebron/Gerald Wallace?

Yeah I don't see too much of that, but of course Pierce is going to play most of the minutes at the 3. But if Melo or Wallace or whoever is on the bench, then you go small; I could see that

Based on Doc's comments, I'd say Fab is going to be heading to the D-league for this season, but Kris actually has a chance to make the squad and play this year. Good for him.

I think Terry and Bradley can play back up point guard. Plus, Boston was pretty undersized at shooting guard before aquiring Lee. Lee will also fill in for Bradley who will miss the beginning of the season. If/when everyone is healthy, someone will most likely be the odd man out, but that's not too bad a problem. I like the move.

Bradley may miss a bit of time due to shoulder injury/surgery. It was projected there would be a 4 month recovery period and that he may be ready for training camp, but I would think that they would take it slow and let him work his way back in missing some of early season.