Center | Syracusefan.com

Center

Edwards in his limited action, also when the game was over, looked like the best option. We cant run an offense with zero interior threat. Notice how many contested shots we were taking compared to the shots they got

Who was our last big man to undergo a physical transformation (in this case get bigger, strong like a Gorgui Dieng did at Louisville)? Coleman lost weight which was good, but our big guys look the same physically as freshman compared with upperclassmen years. Sidibe and Marek no exception and something tells me the same will be said for Edwards and Ajak.

Bourama Sidibe does literally nothing well on a basketball court. he can’t play with his back to the basket, he can’t face up, he won’t out position/ out work/ out muscle a soul for a board, he can’t protect the rim, he sets screens that my sister could get around. when he’s on the court it’s 5 on 4. he shouldn’t be playing.

Bourama Sidibe does literally nothing well on a basketball court. he can’t play with his back to the basket, he can’t face up, he won’t out position/ out work/ out muscle a soul for a board, he can’t protect the rim, he sets screens that my sister could get around. when he’s on the court it’s 5 on 4. he shouldn’t be playing.
What was striking to me was how he couldn't guard his guy at all. Edwards looked so much better it wasn't funny

Just play Edwards and Ajak. Sure, it’ll be a rough go but at least give them development for the future. This team is bad so it might be best to work the young guys in as much as possible.

Who was our last big man to undergo a physical transformation (in this case get bigger, strong like a Gorgui Dieng did at Louisville)? Coleman lost weight which was good, but our big guys look the same physically as freshman compared with upperclassmen years. Sidibe and Marek no exception and something tells me the same will be said for Edwards and Ajak.
Was literally going to ask this exact question. Why is it we have string beans as centers from freshman all the way to senior year? No transformation whatsoever. Who is in charge of strength/conditioning/nutrition? They need to be fired immediately.

Was literally going to ask this exact question. Why is it we have string beans as centers from freshman all the way to senior year? No transformation whatsoever. Who is in charge of strength/conditioning/nutrition? They need to be fired immediately.

playing devil’s advocate, Rak got pretty jacked , iirc

The sample size with Edwards was miniscule. And Diakite is one of the best players in the country.

Still, Sid brings nothing offensively. It's hard for an offense to function when there's absolutely no post game.

Don't even have anything like the Oshae option this year...what there was of that, anyway.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SyraFreed

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom