Chad Ford and Bill Simmons Mock Draft have Dion going to... | Syracusefan.com

Chad Ford and Bill Simmons Mock Draft have Dion going to...

Excerpt of what Simmons said:

Only one thing worries me: You're basically spending a top-eight on someone whose ceiling on a contending team might be "a totally devastating scorer off the bench who can carry your offense for seven-minute spurts." He's kind of like Tyreke Evans in this respect — someone who's overqualified to be a sixth man … but really, that's how you'd ultimately win if he was playing for your team. Which is fine, I guess. Everyone needs pieces, and he's a piece. He's just not one of THE pieces.

Chad Ford said in a 1v1 tournament with every player in the draft, Dion would win.

I like this take on Rivers, pretty much what everyone expects from him from what I can gather (the whole exchange on him is pretty amusing):

I just don't see Rivers ever being anywhere near as unselfish or efficient. I think Rivers will be shocked at the athleticism and length at his position. He'll try to do the same things at which he excelled in high school, spend a lot of time on the bench, get into it with his coach and teammates, get traded in a year or two to a desperate team, put up huge numbers for a cellar-dweller for a year or two, make some money, and eventually, teams will realize he can't be the alpha dog on a winning team.

Excerpt of what Simmons said:

Chad Ford said in a 1v1 tournament with every player in the draft, Dion would win.

I believe he said every guard in the draft.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
newmom4503

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom