Chad Ford: MCW Still #8 | Syracusefan.com

Chad Ford: MCW Still #8

OrangeTown

All Conference
And clinging to that #1 PG slot in the latest edition of his NBA Draft big board:

http://insider.espn.go.com/nba/draf...ben-mclemore-rising-list-top-30-nba-prospects

Edit: The MCW part:

Carter-Williams remains holding on, perilously, to the top spot in our point guard rankings despite recent uneven play. He shot just 4-for-13 against Louisville and had eight turnovers in the game but also came up with a couple of huge steals at the end of the game and one terrific dunk that put Syracuse in the win column. He shot the ball better against Cincinnati before going just 4-for-17 from the field against Villanova. With his assist totals dropping, his turnovers rising and his jump shot struggling to fall in conference play, the Carter-Williams bandwagon is slowing down, but he remains a very intriguing draft prospect.

MCW could definitely benefit from another year at Syracuse. However, this year's draft is much weaker than the 2014 draft will be. I don't think he would receive any advancement in his draft position by returning to Syracuse for his Junior season. If MCW does come back it will be strictly for personal development and the joy of trying to win a National Championship with his teamates at Syracuse.

Fab Melo could have been so dominant this year and I think Fab would have been a top 5 pick in this year's draft rather than being relegated to the D-League. I wish Fab could have kept his academic life in order. I don't see that same upside for MCW next year. If he is a guaranteed lottery pick at seasons end, he should probably go pro.