Chalk this win up to experience. | Syracusefan.com

Chalk this win up to experience.

cliftonparksufan

Iggy Award Czar/Co 2020-21 Iggy Award Winner PPG
Besides the fact that we have two studs in the backcourt, there's no other explanation why we won. We replay the last five minutes 100 times and we rightfully lose about 70% of the time. I realize all the wins are pretty much even, but this one was more important that Saturday's game.

. I realize all the wins are pretty much even, but this one was more important that Saturday's game.

I can't quite agree with this sentiment, in seeding the Ville game will matter more, but this was clearly a trap game against a ranked opponent after an emotional Saturday on the road. So it was really nice to get a win from it.

The go ahead was a direct result of a wily young freshman. Drawing three defenders as he went at the rim like an senior.

The go ahead was a direct result of a wily young freshman. Drawing three defenders as he went at the rim like an senior.

No kidding. And he really appeared to get hit on his outstretched arm. I think he gets that call next year, and maybe even later this year. That young man is going to be special.

No kidding. And he really appeared to get hit on his outstretched arm. I think he gets that call next year, and maybe even later this year. That young man is going to be special.
totally agree. it reminded me of when he took it in against louisville and was hacked by van treese and nothing. Sooner or later they will have to give him the call.

Big Time

I feel like the Saturday win was much more of a steal than this one.

People need to give credit to MCW on that play as well. Instead of forcing his shot like a lot of point guards might do, he showed the maturity and passed it to that wily young freshman. I thought that really showed how MCW is evolving.

One of the true joys we've watched the past few seasons is the way our teams seem to understand how to respond when challenged late.

The only way you beat us is if you beat us the entire game. If it's close we're going to hang around and find a way.

People need to give credit to MCW on that play as well. Instead of forcing his shot like a lot of point guards might do, he showed the maturity and passed it to that wily young freshman. I thought that really showed how MCW is evolving.
MCW is super polarizing. He sometimes does the scoopid, then he makes things happen. Tell you what though, when the chips are down... thats the dude you want running your team.

Don't forget Baye's defensive rebound with 9 seconds to go. That was so key.

I feel like the Saturday win was much more of a steal than this one.

this was more of a steal cuz we didnt play well for 35 minutes and basically needed a perfect final 5 minutes to "steal" the game.

One of the true joys we've watched the past few seasons is the way our teams seem to understand how to respond when challenged late.

The only way you beat us is if you beat us the entire game. If it's close we're going to hang around and find a way.

...and this experience will pay off down the road, as the opposition gets better and games invariably get closer / more meaningful.

Early tests serve as great learning opportunities / confidence builders for teams.

Don't forget Baye's defensive rebound.
Definitely. Something we needed desperately. We played exactly how we needed to play to win the last 5 minutes.

Don't forget Baye's defensive rebound.
The reason we won this game and win so many others is simple. We have as good a coach as has ever coached. JB is a master. He has a great feel for his team, game flow, and he just has that "IT" that winners have. JB is the reason we win most of our games he is simply as good as they come.

Really a good pass - that's a sign of someone who's learning and maturing. A month ago, Mike would have taken a shot there (probably with negative consequences). Great decision.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CB277777

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom